Coimbra Travel Answers

change location

transportation from Lisboa to mortagua area of coimbra

by lonebro Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Hello outthere. I'll need an advice regarding transportation for my 2 boys, who are going to arrive friday 11th og february at 11.10 in Lisboa airport going to Aguieira. A taxi costs 265 Euro. I gather it will be cheaper to take train to Coimbra and a taxi from there? Best regards Lone, Denmark

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • 64novpt's Profile Photo

Re: transportation from Lisboa to mortagua area of coimbra

by 64novpt Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Hello, to go to Coimbra they'll have both the bus or the train. Look at www.rede-expressos.pt for the bus and www.cp.pt for the trains, both sites have english versions.
    Depending on exactly what town is their final destination, they may even have buses from Lisboa.
    Is their accomodation at Mortagua or at Agueira dam?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: transportation from Lisboa to mortagua area of coimbra

by cassiovieggore Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I live in Brazil and I'll try to give you up some legs. Open the links below and assure yourself it's not hard to go from Lisbon Airport to Mortagua by railroad, bus and taxi:

From Lisbon airport take a bus/van to Gare do Oriente railway station, from there take a train to Santa Comba Dão, and then take a taxi to the Hotel.

golisbon.com/transport/airpo...

viajar.clix.pt/chegar.php?c=...

I belive your boys will carry out this adventure. It would be easier for me since in Brazil and Portugal the language spoken is Portuguese.
    Good luck! Cassiovieggore
    Cassiovieggore

• Re: transportation from Lisboa to mortagua area of coimbra

by lonebro Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hi :-) The accomodation is at the Dam :-)

• 64novpt's Profile Photo

Re: transportation from Lisboa to mortagua area of coimbra

by 64novpt Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Whit Rede Expressos the village that has direct connections to Lisboa by bus is S Comba Dão (around 8 Km away from the dam) several buses by day (one departing at 15:45 arriving at 19:15). You may purchase or book your ticket up to 14 days prior to the day of travel. These buses depart from Sete Rios, at the airport they'll have the AEROSHUTTLE that goes that direction, every 30 minutes.
    If the train is an option than they'll have a regional line (heading to Guarda) that stop's at S. Comba Dão and some trains also at Mortágua (it's the case of the 13:39 train arriving at 16:08). You may purchase your ticket up to 30 days prior to the day of travel. These trains depart from Estação do Oriente (Lisboa-Oriente), at the airport also the AEROSHUTTLE that goes that direction, every 30 minutes.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines