Coimbra Travel Answers

change location
Baiso's Profile Photo

How to get from Porto airport to Coimbra?

by Baiso Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Good day to all,
I need your advice. on 13 th of November at 19.00 i will arrive in Poto airport...Can you advice how to get to Coimbra the same evening? Need your help :) thanks a lot.
B.G

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: How to get from Porto airport to Coimbra?

by cubsur Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Assuming you do not rent a car, you can take the Porto Metro from the airport to Porto Campanha railway station. That will take about 35 minutes and cost 2 Euro. Trains leave every 20 minutes. You can of course take a taxi, at much greater cost but a little faster.!

There is a fast train to Coimbra at 1957 but it is quite likely you may not make it. That is the last fast train on Saturday.

After that, there is a slow regional train at 20.14 (change of train needed in Aveiro) and that is the last train of any type Porto to Coimbra on Saturday night.

The first train on Sunday is at 0647.

The last bus from Porto (Batalha Bus Station) to Coimbra on Saturdays is at 2015 and then no more buses until 0045. Bus journey takes about 90 minutes.

Batalha bus station is in the city centre and as with the train you will have great difficulty in reaching it from the airport in sufficient time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Baiso's Profile Photo

Re: How to get from Porto airport to Coimbra?

by Baiso Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Thanks a lot it was really a great help for me

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines