Coimbra Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Bussaco from Coimbra?

by indylawsteve Online Now Jun 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM

For our anniversary we are staying the night at the Hotel do Bussaco in Bussaco forest. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Coimbra-b to Bussaco? We are arriving by train from Lisbon. Also, the next day we want to go to Conimbriga and will need to store our bags in Coimbra. Anyone know if bags can be stored at the bus or train stations? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Getting to Bussaco from Coimbra?

by cubsur Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Unfortunately the hotel website doesn't have a map, so I can't be sure, but the town of Bussaco is about 15miles/24km from Coimbra, so a taxi would be an option.

There are four trains a day between Coimbra B and the little station of Luso-Bussaco, but where that is in relation to the hotel I don't know and there would be little likelihood of a taxi out there.

The CP railway website does not say that luggage lockers exist at Coimbra B.

Hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • solopes's Profile Photo

Re: Getting to Bussaco from Coimbra?

by solopes Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I would SURELY rent a car!

Train or bus from Coimbra to Luso (time/money) taxi from Luso to Bussaco (money), taxi from Bussaco to Luso (money) train/bus from Luso to Coimbra(time/money) bus from Coimbra to Condeixa (time/money) taxi from Condeixa to Conimbriga and back (money), bus/taxi to Coimbra (time/money) is a serious waste of time and money. For about 40€ a day (peanuts compared with the hotel's rate) you may rent a car in Coimbra and freely enjoy the beautiful area that you are visiting.

And why not a car from Lisbon, with a look of the beautiful centre of Portugal?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines