Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Weekend in Chennai

Chennai (Madras) Dec 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the new visa rules for India and heading to Chennai for a weekend next month.

Please can you let me know which area should I be looking at staying in? Having looked at accommodation it seems to be very wide spread.

Also, is it best to use cabs, drivers etc or is it easy enough to use public transport to get around.

Many thanks, Nat

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Sripuram Gold temple

Vellore Dec 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I am planning to visit Sripuram Gold temple end of this month. The walkway to reach the temple is around 2km, but will the return path covers another 2km or easy exit available. Heard special entrance fees can be paid to avoid this walk, but I think this walk is worth inside a nicely maintained premises. Anyone has any nice experiences or tips to share?

more
    • ShimA29's Profile Photo

most comfortable and price worthy way to reach COIMBATORE from COCHIN

by ShimA29 Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Hello,

I am from Maldives.
      I need assistance in planning a medical trip to Coimbatore (Ganga Hospital) for my 4 year old daughters surgery.

Actually I am very much confused on how to plan the trip, because of my previous experience. My husband, my daughter and I went to Coimbatore this year in June. We flew to Chennai and from the airport we took a taxi to Coimbed Bus station, and then we went on Bus to Coimbatore. It took almost 12 hours :O. My daughter was on my lap most of the time and i had body pain for almost 2 days because of sitting on the chair for so long.

So this time I searched internet a bit to check on the nearest place to Coimbatore that I can fly to from Maldives. I got the idea that Cochin was nearest to Coimbatore.(According to Google Map its a journey of around 3 hours by car). So, I have confirmed our air tickets to Cochin for 21st November (next Wednesday).
      We would arrive at Cochin in the evening around 15:30. This time My Mother will be accompanying my husband, me n my daughter.

Now, I would like your help in choosing the most convenient and price worthy way to reach Coimbatore from Cochin by road.

Should we hire a taxi or should we go for the bus or train?
      I am finding it very difficult to convince my self that trains would be a good option, because of the fact that my daughter would be with me, and I haven't even seen how the inside of a train looks like. And, i get confused with all the different types of classes and every thing.
      I am just very confused because I do not want the trip to be very tiring like the one before. I need to be in good health and perfectly fit and prepared for my daughters surgery when we reach there.

I hope to get great ideas from this forum.

Thank you.

5 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    • Where is NAVAKKARAI / How to find Navakkarai?

by rox7 Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Hello,
      This Tuesday I'm arriving in Coimbatore (by bus from Cochin) and need to go by Taxi to NAVAKKARAI (I go to SARANYA AYURVEDIC HOSPITAL
      MAVUTHAMPATTY
      NAVAKKARAI - 641 105 )
      It is one of the branches of THE ARYA VAIDYA PHARMACY Ayurvedic hospital.

But when I type in NAVAKKARAI it is NOT found by Google maps.

I cannot find NAVAKKARAI on any map....does it have another name or what is NAVAKKARAI (so small village that it doesn't exist on maps)?

Thank you for any help an suggestions about getting from Coimbatore to NAVAKKARAI .
      Thank you.

13 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
    • Coimbatore travels,cabs,car rentals??

by Vishalsabarwal Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Can anyone suggest me a good travels,cabs,car rentals company in coimbatore?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    • Hotel in coimabatore

by pawali Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hotel ( Budget range from Rs.1100 to Rs 1350 must be safe and clean with attached toilets and easy to access the city).

1 Answer Mar 29, 2009 at 5:18 AM
    • Thirucy to coimbatore

by pawali Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 11:30 PM

This is the first time i coming to India with my wife for leisure purpose,
      I need to the best mode of transport(afforable and convinient)
      Since this is the first time i dont know the level of hospitality. im assuming is still like malaysia and i dont want to get cheated by the touts.

where should i get the bus ticket from thiruchy to coimbatore in thirucy

I need a first class coach with a/c, can anyone advise me on (mode of transport suggested, frequent of transport, journey time and estimated cost)

1 Answer Mar 29, 2009 at 4:46 AM
    • anilsaxena's Profile Photo

travelling from Coimbatore to Ooty

by anilsaxena Online Now Mar 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM

I and my wife ( we are 59 and 56 year old) will reach Coimbatore from Delhi by air around 1100 AM. We wish to go to Ooty, as early as possible, but on a reasonable budget (we are Indian middle class). We do not want to travel standing in buses. We need suggestions. Can I get a shared taxi at Coimbtore airport, which will take us directly to Ooty. If not, then are there shared taxis available from Coimbtore city. If yes then from which place in Coimbtore. How much these options will cost per person.

I also want advice on the quality of TTDC (Tamilnadu tourism) hotel at Ooty, where I have booked my accommodation for stay.

1 Answer Mar 14, 2008 at 3:27 AM
    • How to reach from Coimbatore to Kodaikanal

by Imtiyaz Online Now May 2, 2007 at 3:30 AM

Hi All,

Can anybody tell ne how to reach from Coimbatore to Kodaiknal.

I will reach Coimbatore at around 6 PM and want to go to Kodaikanal, can anybody tell me how far is Kodaikanal from Coimbatore and how can I reach Kodaikanal from Coimbatore.

Thanks in advance.
      Imtiyaz

1 Answer May 8, 2007 at 12:41 PM