Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location

Moving To The Beach

by Newtococoa Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Hey there, I am about to move close to the beach where I can just walk to the ocean. I've been planning on cocoa beach since it's only a 35-40 min drive to Orlando (where I work and my family lives) and I wanted to know if there is anything I should know before buyin a home over there. Like how's the life over there, the people, and is there any drawbacks to living in cocoa beach? Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Moving To The Beach

by Agraichen Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 3:44 PM

You may want to consider future NASA flights and the associated noise and tourism they tend to bring. Frankly driving 528 is not my most favorite road in Florida. Have you considered one of the many lake areas around Orlando as an alternative? Ok, they do have local varmits like Alligators that migrate in, but it might be less of a hastle than that drive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Moving To The Beach

by Newtococoa Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I've lived in Orlando since I was 5, lived in the city, by universal studios/I-drive tourist area, also by ucf the big college. But nothings like being at the beach, and to me it wouldn't matter about the drive or the noise really. But thanks for the info

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 6:42 AM

great beach surfing boys galore, and quiet otherwise, back country town ,the beach is it. Very nice to commute to and from Orlando by car.
    You should talk to realtors there and go the bars at the entrance to the beach coming from Orlando,they will tell you how is life there....very good
    I used to live in Ormond Beach and pass my times on the beaches up and down from St Augustine to Cocoa Beach.My former surfer's life ::)
    Cheers

• Florida999's Profile Photo

by Florida999 Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I love the beach too, but would not want to do all that driving. It takes me more than half an hour to get to Cocoa, your homeowner insurance will be higher ( hurricanes)also

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines