Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location
NaughtyArty's Profile Photo

Need help with Day Trip to Cocoa Beach

by NaughtyArty Online Now May 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM

My wife & I are taking the kids to Orlando in late May and want to take a side trip to Cocoa Beach for one day. Can anyone help me with information about:

1. Public Beach Access, preferably with umbrella & chair rentals?
2. Any recommended restaurants for eating lunch or dinner at (on the beach)?
3. Other recommendations for fun Cocoa Beach activities (besides the Space Center)?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Re: Need help with Day Trip to Cocoa Beach

by Paisleypaul Online Now May 4, 2011 at 3:13 PM

We do this regular as a day trip from Orlando (not since 2005 though, so I'm afraid I don't have VT pages)
    The main thing I would say is have plenty of change - down the John Young Parkway is not a "freeway" and you will be chucking in quarters with some regularity.
    Also, beach access is easy, but again is metered parking so have a fistful of quarters. You can return and feed it again, no maximum stay as I recall.
    Incidentally you MUST park facing the car in the right direction for your side of the road - I picked up a ticket at Naples,FL on this one and it is never sign posted as a violation.
    Cocoa Beach is great for waves, if I had my time again I would love to have learned to surf, but a body board is an option for some fun from Ron Jon's,
    Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

by Paisleypaul Online Now May 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Arty see you're from Missouri sure you'll be more up on those things than me!

• OiKnow's Profile Photo

by OiKnow Online Now May 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM

There are a couple of restaurants on the Cocoa Beach Pier. I like the sort of bar at the end, great views and a good burger and fries. Parking is easier and cheaper a few streets north or south of the pier. I would avoid the area at the end of 520 (more expensive parking, more crowded.) I am not sure about chair rentals. Ron Jon Surf shop is a must see. At Port Canaveral you can see the cruise ships that are in port and on the inland side there is a parking area and a walkway to a lock on the Bannana River.

Enjoy!

David

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines