Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location

water temp/ good times??

by ssmmee Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 10:12 AM

It's our first time to Cocoa Beach and I'm wondering how the water is around the first week of February? I know what the websites say but I want a locals opinion! Also--any fun activities I should know about? We are all in our 20's and want more than just bars!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • USanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Re: water temp/ good times??

by USanFrancisco Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 10:45 AM

The water will be cold, but barable for about an hour if you are surfing or boogie boarding. Cocoa is pretty boring to be honest, other than the beach of course. Why do you guys want to come to Cocoa when you're all in your 20's? It's good for surfers from Orlando (closest beach), families, and old folks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: water temp/ good times??

by ssmmee Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM

we are staying in Cocoa beach at a family beach house but also going to do amusement parks, Orlando, Daytona, surfing etc. We are also driving to Savannah for a few days. The water sounds incredibly bearable seeing that we are coming from Seattle! Thanks!

• OttonJana's Profile Photo

Re: water temp/ good times??

by OttonJana Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 2:51 AM

The water is too cold for this local. If you are going to surf you will need a wet suit. Surf/Pier/Jetty fishing can be good in the cold waters if the area recovers from the 2 recent Red Tide outbreaks. Savannah will be infintely more fun than Cocoa.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines