Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location

Looking for hotel

by michaelinvermont Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 5:23 PM

Our girls soccer team is going to be playing at the Cocoa Beach Expo Center in late April, and several familes are looking to find a laid back, family friendly place on the Beach. We don't need to be in the center of it all. One place, Beach Island Resort at 1125 S. Atlantic Avenue looks like a great place.

Any comments about this place? You can e-mail directly mmonte@burlingtontelecom.net

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Looking for hotel

by joesorce Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Don't know this place but the pool looks very tiny if that matters to you.

Best Western Oceanfront is worth considering.

TheInnatCocoaBeach.com is a nice spot but known for "quiet", they might not appreciate a girl's soccer team checking in.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Looking for hotel

by turbosloth Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 4:53 PM

I've been a local for many years and can tell you that the nearest Expo Center is in Cocoa, but not Cocoa Beach, and there's a major difference. I wouldn't recommend any hotels in Cocoa, but I would recommend the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach for a girl's soccer team. It's a beachfront hotel and very suitable for families and the younger crowd. Most of the other hotels in Cocoa Beach are either for business travelers or for retirees. You'll have about a 30 minute drive from there to the Expo Center on the west side of Cocoa, through Merritt Island, so you'll need appropriate transportation.

• oopsyd's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for hotel

by oopsyd Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Our family LOVES a place in Cocoa Beach called Wakulla Suites. They are on the beach, large heated pool, very family friendly and the rooms have 2bedrooms and kitchens.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines