Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location

advice regaring golf,snorkel/scuba,beaches

by rcbrels Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 8:55 PM

I will be visiting Cocoa Beach in May and want to get some tips on the golf courses in the area (best value for the dollar) as well as good safe beaches and a name of a realiable and reasonable scuba/snorkel tour opeartor. Please advise. thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Grantman's Profile Photo

RE: advice regaring golf,snorkel/scuba,beaches

by Grantman Online Now Apr 23, 2006 at 3:14 AM

All the beaches are safe in Cocoa. Pack light by bringing little and go to RonJon's Surf Shop, which is open 24/7 and will get you loaded with quality beach clothes for a real bargain.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lovinoz's Profile Photo

RE: advice regaring golf,snorkel/scuba,beaches

by lovinoz Online Now Apr 23, 2006 at 8:25 PM

Not sure where you plan to snorkel/scuba around Cocoa Beach. Closest good place to snorkel/dive is probably the Florida Keys (5-6 hours drive south) or in the Bahamas (6 hour cruise east).

Not sure about golf courses in Cocoa, but i think there is a decent one in Melbourne (30 min south) and some really nice upscale ones in the Orlando/Disney area.

My favorite beach in the area is at Lori Wilson Park, Cocoa beach, along A1A. Do not expect crystal clear water anywhere near central florida. Its pretty murky but the waves are decent and the beaches are pretty clean.

If you want pristine clear water, drive to the Keys or cruise to the Bahamas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines