Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location
ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Vacation Tips

by ArizonaExpert Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 8:06 AM

Hi Floridians! We are visiting a (according to reviews) great timeshare in Cocoa Beach (The Resort on Cocoa Beach) next month for a week. I read the reviews on the timeshare, and they were excellent. I do need some advice from all of you for other things.

I will have my wife, 23 year old cousin (babysitter!), 10 year old, 5 year old and 20 month old. Can you help me with:

1. How is the water temperature in the ocean in December? Places to rent water activities?
2. Kid friendly restaraunts in the area.
3. Which major theme park would be best to visit and do you have access/sources to coupons (although I usually can find them on EBay)?
4. Any local kid friendly activities?
5. For the nights we get quiet time, I would love a great sushi place or restaraunt with vegetarian entrees for my wife.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • nomad7890's Profile Photo

RE: Vacation Tips

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 10:46 AM

We don't get out to Cocoa often, especially after the boys went grew up ... but we did find a pretty good Cuban restaurant, (fish specialties) - Roberto's Little Havana - *very* clean. No sushi - but could have rice/beans and fried plantains as a veggie entry. My brother-in-law and I had fish and it was great. Kid friendly.

Word or warning - have to be *very careful* if the young kids go in the water. Cocoa Beach is notorious for undertoe. When my boys were small my husband had to jump in and rescue the boys, and he himself had a difficult time getting back because the tide just tends to pull you out. Also would recommend rubber shoes, as with the hurricane some of the sand may have washed out, and if you go in the water early morning or after around 3 PM, there are plenty of little crabs that may want to take a nibble. ;=)

Nomad

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 10:51 AM

... also forgot to mention you're right close to Kennedy Space Center. I can get on my soapbox and say how it is a major ripoff now that they've turned it into an "attraction" - as we used to go there and get in for a couple of dollars. What really put me over the top, is that the charge2.50 for a small bottle of water. Somehow those extra fifty cents annoyed me so much that since we were pretty much done we left and did not buy any snacks (headed for Roberto's ;=) ). Now that I've complained, being a tourist you might enjoy this ... but for adults it's about25 a person. If you go, don't bother to pay the extra5 for something extra (don't recall what it was) ... we never found it. This is a bit different than your other parks - but don't set your expectations too high. A nice, learning type activity, some interesting facts - and being at "the real place" - and an astronaut character walking around for pictures. It is cool to see - I'm just a local who remembers when it was very inexpensive to go in.

Nomad

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 10:54 AM

sorry, left out the restaurant reviews:
    tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines