Cocoa Beach Travel Answers

change location
oopsyd's Profile Photo

Any suggestions for activities to do wth a toddler in and around CoCoa Beach.

by oopsyd Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 6:55 AM

We're looking at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach/Space Shuttle area for the beginning of March. Does anyone have suggestions about things to do with a toddler in that area? Not Disney,though. What are the beaches like? Any favorites? We'll have a rental car so we can travel around the area a bit. Zoos?Aquariums?Great Playgrounds? Thanks, Courtney

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Mmasarech's Profile Photo

Re: Any suggestions for activities to do wth a toddler in and around CoCoa Beach.

by Mmasarech Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 9:14 AM

Courtney, When we went to the Cocoa Beach area in April two years ago, we found the waves to be pretty strong. Our 5 year old got knocked down a bit. There were also some large chunks of coral or rocks under the water in spots. I don't know whether it was our hotel's beach or a problem on that whole coast. We still had a great time being on the beach. I would just plan on playing on the beach and swimming in the pool. The Brevard Zoo is in Melbourne. Here's a site that might be helpful. cocoabeach.com/attractions.h... We didn't stay long enough to do much. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Any suggestions for activities to do wth a toddler in and around CoCoa Beach.

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 12:53 PM

You could try the Space Center. It might not be of much interest to the little one, but there is plenty of open space to move around and you will find it very interesting.

• Neesie's Profile Photo

RE: Any suggestions for activities to do wth a toddler in and around CoCoa Beach.

by Neesie Online Now Oct 7, 2005 at 11:24 AM

I always made sure to pack good utensils for building sandcastles when my kids were little; spaghetti servers, long handled spoons, cups of different sizes. Plastic army men or farm animals to position in the sand. A trip to WalMart will get you a cheap plastic kite; there is no better place to fly one than on the beach.

I don't know if your toddler would appreciate a trip to St. Augustine as much as the adults but I don't think he/she would be bored with it either. There's always fishing but it can be quite expensive. However, check at the pier, sometimes if no boat is involved pole rental could be cheap.

There is a mini golf right on A1A in the heart of Cocoa Beach with fake elephants and waterfalls. There are also several little playgrounds. Cocoa Beach is considerably more residential than a lot of other coastal towns so you will see many playgrounds connected to schools and churches, etc.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines