Cochem Travel Answers

change location

Self Catering in Cochem

by dkhilton Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:44 PM

My family and I are thinking of spending some time in Cochem but I'd have to do the self-catering thing as I have food allergies. Any suggestions on a good place for families that isn't too expensive, but in town and nice, with a kitchen? Also, does anyone know where the grocery stores are there? What days are markets? Where is the best place for vegetables and fish? That sort of thing. I hope someone out there knows the region and can help us with self-catering ideas for Cochem!

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

RE: Self Catering in Cochem

by abalada Online Now May 13, 2006 at 2:48 AM

ferienland-cochem.de/index.h...
    -> english
    -> click on "Cochem"
    -> select as accommodation type "Ferienwohnung" (vacation appartment)

A short internet research revealed:
    There are a number of supermarketes and discounters in Cochem.
    A health food shop: Elvira's Markt, Markt 15, Cochem
    A vegetables and fruits shop: Klaus Beth, Oberbachstr. 10, Cochem
    Weekly market seems to be at Thursday (but this was not a recent document I found).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Self Catering in Cochem

by xerxes2347 Online Now Oct 22, 2006 at 3:51 AM

Abaladas advice is good,allowing u to find the price range suiting ur budget.However by emailing the tourist info direct to cochem,, addy on line,they send excellent brochures in english giving self catering info,often with pics.. i have stayed in Cochem about ten times now,, often on the Cond side,, ie, across the river,, small ferry takes one min,, or ten min walk to town centre across bridge..The town cetre has all shops u mention, excellent quality too, tho the main supermarkets are on the cond side, ie across the river next to the excellent smimming complex,too far to walk comfortably bur approx 7 mins by car. u didnt mention your transport but if with car , a wonderful base to visit the Huhnsruck area,,This year we stayed,,family of 4 in Schlossstrasse, i minute from town square,,apart from car parking,, which was tight, was excellent,,but personally found the cond side more restful, less tourists, tho be advised the town gets very quiet after 6 pm when most of the toursist trips go home, hope this helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines