Coast Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• cheapest rate tickets

Mombasa Island Feb 18, 2014 at 2:24 AM

what is the cheap rate ticket to mombasa destination from london i need to know more cheap rate than Euro Africa Travel

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • From Mombasa airport to Diani or Malindi?

Mombasa Jan 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Hi, I'm arriving at Mombasa airport at 1:30 AM. At these hours, are there any transfer buses to Mombasa town? What would you recommend me if a I can't afford a taxi?
      Other question, how safe is Diani Beach? Is it safer to go directly to Malindi, Watamu or Lamu?
      Thanks so much!

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • NadiaS7's Profile Photo

top 5 things to see

Mombasa Nov 14, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hi guys! I'm traveling alone and don't have endless funds so what would you recommend? Places to stay and see...

5 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    • Tsavo to Lamu

Tsavo National Park East Oct 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hi Is it possible to get to Lamu from Tsavo by Road? What options do I have?

Thanks!!

4 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    • preference

Malindi Sep 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM

what do you prefer doing while in malindi?

3 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • Safari Cost

Malindi Aug 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Whats the cost of a bugget Safari from Malindi 2 or 3 Days?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    • Need to Know ASAP

Mombasa Jul 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM

If flying from another African country to Mombassa will they require that you show the yellow fever shot certificate. If a person has his/hers yellow fever vaccination card but its not been 10 days since they had it before departure, what will happen? Will they deny you entry?

9 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    • alan.stanners's Profile Photo

The Long Rains

Mombasa Apr 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I am going to Visit Diani Beach in mid May for two weeks with my children 15 & 22 years old, I have been told that I couldn't have picked a worse time because of the rains that last all day and all night. My travel agent is now stating that there is a 90% cancellation charge. Can anybody give me some positive advise ?

7 Answers May 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • Mombasa June

Mombasa Apr 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Has anyone been to Mombasa in June ? What's the weather like ? Me and my husband are planning to go there middle 2 weeks of June but worried that it is rainy season ? Don't want to be stuck inside all the time if on average it rains for long periods of time during the day .

8 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    • Mombasa-Nairobi

Mombasa Feb 11, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Hello! I with my girlfriend need to get from Mombasa to Nairobi at first half of march, wanted to ask about best options...Train and bus will be cheapest, but takes a lot of time, than I thought maybe go by plane, 90$ per person isn't very much and it's a lot of time economy...but question is, maybe somone knows how much will be to get to Nairobi by car and driver, and fact is that we need to go only one way and we're just two, because if we were 3 or 4 IMO it was definetly cheeper than go by plane.... Thnx....

4 Answers Mar 2, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • EbonyFoxx's Profile Photo

Single Traveler

Mombasa Feb 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I will be traveling to Mombassa alone for 2 weeks in March.... Is it Safe to take Safaris and Day Trips alone? Thanks

13 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Safari and trip costs

Mombasa Island Feb 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM

what is the cost pp for a 2day 1 night safari and other trips.
      I am staying in Bamburi Beach Hotel.
      Do you book with Beach boys,Hotel or Reps.

Many thanks.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    • Freelance guide/safari guide?

Ukunda Dec 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Does anyone know a reliable freelance local person (not belonging to an agency) who speaks English and can help me around near Ukanda and Mombasa, and optionally can also serve as a safari guide?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM
    • Wafro's Profile Photo

Weather in April

Mombasa Nov 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hello everybody,
      April should be one of the wettest months of the year in Kenya, but does it rain during the day or at night, can you compare it with the tropical rains (rain all day long) in central Africa? Iā€™m planning a Mombassa trip in April and it is too long ago for me to remember the local climate. Is it OK to plan a beach and safari holiday during this period???
      Thanks fellow travellers.

3 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    • moray's Profile Photo

Things to do with an infant

Malindi Nov 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I'm in Malindi right now with my wife and our 16 month son. We are looking for tips of where to go or what to do to entertain our son. He's wild as hell and doesn't want to sit still for more than 5 minutes. We regularly hit the beach but there must be something else as well. Well be here for another 2 weeks
      Cheers
      //Oskar

2 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

floating market Mombasa Dhow Cruise

Mombasa Jul 3, 2011 at 2:35 AM

ā€œ Mombasa Dhow Cruise ā€

Has anyone done this excursion?

Mombasa Dhow Cruise

Tour the historic Mombasa Island on a dhow cruise. This is a full-day activity that takes you to a floating market and other sights along the coastline.

What is it like and what would be the price?

Is it a nice excursion?

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

First time

Mombasa Jun 14, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Can anyone help me I am trying to decide to with hotel we should go too Leopard Beach Resort or Papillon Lagoon Reef ? Can anyone help to get it email address from Papillon Lagoon Reef? Is it possible to make one safaris From Diani beach? How is the bus connections ( and price) from Diani beach to Mombasa ? What are the things that we should surely see?

Those anyone know it email address from Papillon Lagoon Reef?

Can anyone help me ,if it is inresting to go on one day trips from Diana Beach Leopard beach resort..(end august) to
      1 Day Tsavo East National Park
      Day trip to Shimba Hills National Reserve
      one day Masai village Tour
      thank you

Roeland
      Ps and maybe the Malindi Tour

Any other sujestion ?

What are the prices like?

3 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM
    • TrvlAfrika's Profile Photo

Mombasa Airport Transfers to Whitesands

Mombasa Apr 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Jambo from Nairobi!

I live in Nairobi and travel many times to Mombasa...usually a friend picks me up at the airport, sometimes I grab a taxi outside the airport. I've inquired with a few companies here in Nairobi for approximate costs, and they were the Mzungu prices....I've lived in Africa over 15yrs and know better...any suggestions from Mombasa folks?? Asante sana.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    • a few questions on attractions, saftey and buses ?

Mombasa Apr 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM

can you get a bus to dar es salaam in one day - if so what the latest details please ?

what do you suggest to do in one day ?

can you walk around safely and to the island ?

thanks in advance

3 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    • INFORMATION ON DOUBLE HEART RESORT

Malindi Feb 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM

has anyone ever stayed at Double Heart Resort in Malindi? How was the service?

• ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

Sliver Masai bracelet

Malindi Nov 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Does anyone know of a reputabel jeweller in Malindi who sells silver Masai bracelets for a good price?

2 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    • nyamburah's Profile Photo

Kenyans for Kenya!

Mombasa Oct 20, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi,my friends and i are looking for an awesome place to stay between the 29th Dec-1st of January preferably in Diani,Kilifi,watamu or malindi.Preferably at the beach, fully furnished and serviced or if not at the beach,it should have a very good pool but near an accessible beach.We are 18 in number and we want a place that can comfortably accomodate us.No hotels please!just villas and cottages.We are willing to spend maximum ksh24,000 per day for four days.We will cook for ourselves but we would like a cleaner or a washing machine.Its urgent and we will pay the deposit immediately we get a good place.Cheers!!

5 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Zoonman's Profile Photo

Mombasa to Amboseli

Mombasa Oct 16, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hi,

I was looking to take a bus from Mombasa to Amboseli, and it looks as though it takes around 8 hours. Has anyone done this trip? Is it interesting/scenic? Worth doing or avoiding?

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 17, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    • Children in October half term

Malindi Sep 21, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Is any one going to the Scorpio Hotel Malindi 25th of October with children?
      We have a 13 year old, hope there are some more teenagers to keep him amused.

• TrvlAfrika's Profile Photo

Mombasa Weather

Mombasa Aug 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Can you tell me what the weather is like now....September 1, 2010?

10 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

diving

Kisite Aug 10, 2010 at 9:11 PM

does anyone know how this compares to zanzibarin tanzania as far as diving is concerned. ive been recommend going to zanizbar but have no other reason to visit tanzania and couldnt be stuffed getting a visa is kisite is good enough

2 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 12:04 AM
    • Maleria Tablets which ones??????

Malindi Jul 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Help i am confused.............i have been given all kinds of advise regarding Maleria tablets and i still dont know which one i need. I am staying at the Scorpian Villa and intennd to just chill, i dont expect to go on a safari during my stay. i have been told Avloclor 250 Mg (chloroquine Phosphate) would be ok. can any one advise?

5 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    • ATM machine near Scorpion Villa

Malindi Jul 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Hi i am staying at the scorpion villa can any one tell me where the nearest ATM is from my location?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 2:13 AM
    • Currency?

Malindi Jul 16, 2010 at 1:45 AM

i am coming from the UK what is the best currency to take with me?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 5:06 AM
    • garry3763's Profile Photo

Anyone know of good inexpensive accomodation in Lamu?

Lamu Island Jul 12, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I'm thinking of going back to Lamu for a 3 month stay. Does anyone know of some good yet inexpensive accomodation? When I was there in 1994, I stayed at the Casuarina Hotel, which was good. I'm wondering if there are any other good places to stay. I'm looking for privacy as well as I plan to do some painting and setting up a studio there.

2 Answers Jul 14, 2010 at 5:31 AM