Clwyd

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TAXIS FROM BANGOR RAILWAY STATION

Bangor 19 hours ago

Is it easy to pick up a taxi on arrival at the railway station or do you need to prebook?

more
    • fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Best method to go from Mancester to Treuddyn & then on to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin

Treuddyn Jan 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I am looking for all comments and suggestions on traveling from Mancester to Treuddyn this summer. We would stay overnight in the Treuddyn area, then on to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin. I normally prefer public transportation and the train though am not at all familuar with trains in Wales. Though, I understand there is bus service to Treuddyn. All comments are greatly appreciated. I was there once by car, a UK friend drove, and know it is a small village where my ancestors, Pulford, were born and I want to visit again. A car rental in not out of the question if it makes sense.
      Thanks, Chuck

3 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • LagoMan's Profile Photo

Is the little pub still there?

Llangollen Dec 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Many years ago (in the 1970's) there was a fine...VERY SMALL...stand-alone pub in Llangollen. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name. As I recall, it was painted white....maybe some half-timber. I do recall that darts was a feature at this pub. Does anyone know if it's still in existence. Could it have been turned into a pizzeria? Thanks for any help.

18 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • KissA18's Profile Photo

Very-very long...

Llangollen Oct 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

There is a title above the shop on the wall of the house. It's a very-very long word.
      I would like to know, what is its sense.

3 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • Information about G. O.Humphryes of Chirk

Chirk Oct 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hi, Mr. Henry Cook was Headmaster of Froncysyllte School from 1876 to 1911 and to celebrate his long service he was presented with an Illuminated Address. The Chirk connection is that the splendid inscription on the Address was by a Mr. G. O. Humphreys who lived in the the town. We would like to know more about him and would be grateful if you could help or suggest where we could find the information.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    • Where to stay

Hawarden Aug 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I'm looking for a bed and breakfast pub for Sunday 25/08. Can you please suggest a decent place to stay?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • Shopping

Llangollen Feb 21, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I came to Llangollen between Christmas and New Year and was surprised how many lovely little unique shops that there were. I am thinking of coming again in the near future but was wondering is there a half day closing day or are all the shops open everyday.

Many thanks in advance for any help :O)

Susiewuzie

1 Answer Feb 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    • International Eisteddfod

Llangollen Nov 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I have learned that the 2011 Eisteddfod program and bookings may become available in December 2010. We'd like to hear of recent visitor experiences to the Eisteddfod - ticketed and free events; self-catering accommodation options; getting to and from events ie using public transport or by car including parking. And the overall quality of the event. Also ideas for visits nearby in advance of the mid-July date that I understand will apply. My wife and I are sixty plus and accordingly game for anything. We spent six weeks in May 2009 on a self catering tour of the UK so are familiar enough with the UK and travel there, but the Eisteddfod will be a first time experience.

3 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 10:58 PM
    • Is there anywhere nice to go in Rhyl?

Rhyl Jun 15, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Is it just me or is there nowhere nice to enjoy an evening out in Rhyl? I recently visited Rhyl for the weekend with my partner and was looking forward to a nice evening out on the town. To my disappointment we didn't find one nice place to enjoy a drink without receiving scary threatening stares from the locals. One hour and six bars later we decided to head back to the holiday home we was staying at. Based on my first experience of Rhyl's nightlife I will never visit the place again. Can anyone suggest a place in this horrid town to make me change my opinion?

4 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM
    • McCoq's Profile Photo

Room to rent for a school year

Wrexham Sep 9, 2005 at 1:57 AM

I'm looking for a room to rent in Wrexham, for about 9 months (since first of october, end of september).
      A friend of me is going to study there in university, and today, 2 weeks before he starts university, they have told him that he doesn't have accomodation there. So, he's looking for one. He's a serious man (believe me, don't be scared for parties...hehe).
      Well, if you could help me with that....:):)

1 Answer Sep 9, 2005 at 2:29 AM
    • Talacre info please

Talacre May 24, 2005 at 2:21 AM

I'm trying to find out as much information as I can about Talacre Abbey. If any one has been or can tell me if it's open to the public, and exactley where it is, it would be a great help. I intend to photograph the abbey as it has been said that the buildings and groto (cave) are haunted. Any info whould be great.
      Chris.B