Cluj-Napoca Travel Answers

change location
JoeReaney's Profile Photo

Cluj - Chisinau

by JoeReaney Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 5:10 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to get directly from Cluj to Chisinau, Moldova by bus or train. If so, can anyone tell me times/prices?

Many thanks!
Joe

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • taseg's Profile Photo

Re: Cluj - Chisinau

by taseg Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 7:04 AM

There aren't any direct trains to Chisinau, but there might be some buses.
    Anyway, it's better to go by train from Cluj to Iasi (the last major city before the border with Moldova) and then continue by bus from Iasi to Chisinau.
    There are four trains daily between Cluj and Iasi, trip takes 8 - 9 hours and tickets start at about €15.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maxus's Profile Photo

by Maxus Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 7:18 AM

I am pretty sure there is no direct train or if there is something strange happens to it in Iasi.

I don’t think there is a direct bus,locals may know better but even if there is it would be a long bus journey in one stretch.

We took an overnight train to Iasi and went by road from there, it worked for us.

• Maxus's Profile Photo

by Maxus Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 8:02 AM

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...

The site above says that a train leaves Cluj at 21.32 gets you into to Iasi 06.07.

We were already on the next train which leaves at 01.35 if you can sleep on the train this is maybe the best because it gets in to Iasi at 10.08 a good time to catch the bus.

There are a couple of trains which leave in the day, one gets you to Iasi a little late and the other gets you there very late:

According to the site below, you want a Maxi taxi to Chisinau which leave from outside the Billa supermarket and cost 6Eur.
    romaniaandmoldova.com/transp...

• davidlayba's Profile Photo

by davidlayba Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 3:51 AM

as the felow say there are 4 daily train , thos train are ACCELERAT TRAIN and I use to take them every time that I visit in romania.
    return second class tickets cost 94.38 lei 25 euro and return tickets at Couchette [6 bed cabin] cost 117 lei 31 euro.

you have also microbus at 07:15 from cluj napoca central bus station [Autogara Cluj-Napoca] with "Sami-Trans S.R.L" company, one way cost 50 lei.

http://www.sami.ro/cursenat_CJ.html

from iasi take microbus to chisinau as say.

all the best
    david

• JoeReaney's Profile Photo

by JoeReaney Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 3:55 AM

Thanks for all your help - I think I'll catch the 9.30pm one!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cluj-Napoca