Is it asuitable for a western tourist?
Has it nightlife?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Mique's Profile Photo

RE: Cluj Napoca

by Mique Online Now May 3, 2005 at 2:33 AM

Yes it is a nice city and yes it is save and suitable for a western tourist. Why wouldn't it be. Just take the normal travel precautions. And yes the nightlife is good. It is the second biggest university city in romania so there are lots of places to party.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

RE: Cluj Napoca

by Romanian_Bat Online Now May 3, 2005 at 9:55 PM

1. Is it a nice city? - this is a matter of personal point of view, I guess.

2. Whats the place about? The city was erected by the Romans (when it was known as Napoca) on the site of a former Dacian community. Then it mainly developed during the Middle Ages, nowadays bearing a strong Magyar and (less) Saxon touch (after all, it is a.k.a. Kolozsvar / Klausenburg), with a typical Habsburg / Austro-Hungarian legacy. Among the places to visit, I would list:
    -The Tailors’ Bastion, a fortification dating from the 15th century
    -St. Michael Catholic Church in gothic style (15-18th century)
    -The Reformed Church in Gothic style (founded by Matyas Corvin in 1486)
    -The Ethnographic Transylvanian Museum (hosted by a former Empire style fortress, dating from the 18th century)
    -The Art Museum, located in Banffy Palace, a baroque style building (1774-1785), nowadays in a long restoration process
    -The Botanical Gardens

3. Is it safe? - provided one keeps his / her eyes open, just like elsewhere, it is.

4. Is it asuitable for a western tourist? - it is, as much as it is suitable for a Romanian or other Eastern, Northern or Southern person.

5. Has it nightlife? - together with Timisoara, I would say it has some of teh nicest places to party in the country.

Best regards,
    Alex

• RE: Cluj Napoca

by romaniatrips Online Now Jul 15, 2005 at 4:56 AM

Hi,

My name is T and I am based in Transylvania-Romania. I am not a travel agent, but I have been helping people to get to Romania and to visit the most wonderful/popular locations here. I am based in Cluj-Napoca city. I can tell you that Cluj-Napoca is one of the largest and most wonderful cities in Romania. Population around 300.000. The road structure is in a pretty bad shape these weeks because of the pipes that were changed, but except that the rest of the city is nice. It has a lot of history-tradition-culture. Very old buildings, from the Roman Empire till now. There are also many natural atractions in the area. You can see some pictures posted on www.romaniatrips.home.ro . If you need more specific information email me at romaniatrips@yahoo.com . Have a wonderful trip!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cluj-Napoca