Clonard

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel Time Donegal Loop

County Donegal Apr 5, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Can I come from Derry, see the Donegal Loop with reasonable stop time at the sights and get to Donegal that evening without it being ridiculously late?

more
    • 24 Hours in Doolin

Doolin Mar 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hey we are heading to Doolin this weekend and it's becoming increasingly difficult to plan some fun things for us 6 ladies on a mini hen day/night. We had the ted tour arranged but yesterday this was cancelled on us - so kinda at a loose end?
      Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

more
    • tony2phones's Profile Photo

Personal WiFi / Mifi Hotspot (information)

Ireland Mar 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I am not sure how much the car hire folk are charging for mifi these days or the cost of internet hook up in places that charge for the service but Tesco mobile are selling the E5220 @ €50 + €15 for 15GB/month data so €65 sets you up with your own WiFi and a device which you can stick on ebay when yo get back home.

tescomobile.ie/broadbandandi...

Side note, using this in N.I. would be Roaming rates

more
    • amandamairead's Profile Photo

Activities in Athlone

Athlone Yesterday

Hi. I am heading to Athlone with my children for a few days next month. I am looking for somewhere that I can take them that is suitable for their different ages. They are 16, 14 and 9. I know there are the historic sites ant the cruises but I am wondering is there anything else that would interest them? Also I don't drive so it has to be easy to get to.

Thank you

Amanda

more
    • Budget hotels in Dublin

County Dublin Apr 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Any recommendations for budget hotels in Dublin? I will be in Dublin in May first week.

more
    • Collecting a foot passenger from Dublin Ferry Port

Dublin Apr 3, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi, My daughter is arriving from Holyhead to Dublin next week and I have no idea if I can drive onto the ferry port if I am not actually using the ferry myself. Can someone please tell me if I can get close to the terminal building so I can pick her up. She has just had an operation and doesnt need more stress not knowing where I will be.

more
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Day trips from Dublin

Ireland Mar 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I am in Dublin for 5 nights (4 days). I am limited to public transportation. I intend to do bus tours from Dublin to the following: Cork/Blarney, Galway overnight tour (includes Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Cong, Kylemore Abbey), taxi tour to Monasterboice/Mellifont Abbey (a.m.) & walking tour of Dublin (p.m). This is a photo assignment for me, and I'm tasked with photographing iconic scenery of Ireland. I decided to go with this list and had to weed out places like Kilkenny, Kerry, Limerick, and Waterford because there is simply not enough time. Was this the right selection of spots?

more
    • what do do in claregalway

Claregalway Apr 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Suggestions of what to do on a 4 day visit to claregalway. Staying at Claregalway Hotel but have a car. Places to eat and drink?

more
    • How much time to spend in Kilkenny

Kilkenny Mar 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Hi, I am interested in visiting Kilkenny and would like to know how much time should we spend in the city? Is there a lot to see and Should we spend a night there or a few hours in the city is enough?

more
    • Day travel Dublin to killarney

Ireland Mar 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Is it worth the drive

more
    • things to dp

Lismore Apr 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM

is there a pool locally for kids?

more
    • Easter Break

Waterford Apr 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM

What is there to do over the easter down in tramore / waterford? considering a break away!!

more
    • shopping on Inisheer

Inisheer Apr 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM

can you buy aran sweaters on Inisheer

more
    • sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

Galway in a day

Galway Mar 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM

We are on a cruise in May and one of the Ports of Call is Galway. We are there from 8-6 but Im estimating we will be off the ship maybe 10-3 or 10-4 maximum. I have been looking at the tips and hints here and various other sites and there seems so much to see and do. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what are really must do activities baring in mind we have only 5-6 hours ashore

more
    • fishtaco's Profile Photo

Galway, Killenary or Cork...which two cities would you stay a few nights at?

Ireland Apr 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM

My wife and I will be in Ireland for 10 days and will be in Dublin for 3 nights and the Shannon Castle for one night. I plan on staying at two of the above cities for 3 nights each. I know there are a lot of variables but at first glance which two cities would you recommend?? We will NOT have a car

more
    • Getting a wheelchair bound elderly lady to Knock from Dublin

Knock Mar 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I have a request from a Lady who suffers from parkinsons and is wheelchair bound.
      She is in a nursing home and is totally dependent for all her needs. She is eighty four.
      She lives in a nursing home and would love to go to Knock for four days.

more
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Central Dublin Hotel or B&B

Dublin Apr 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Dublin around mid June? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

more
    • Moucheron's Profile Photo

Time to drive

Killarney Apr 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is a realistic driving time from Doolin to Killarney, Ireland?

more
    • RavensWing's Profile Photo

Best time to visit and driving there.

Ireland Mar 24, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Hi, I am planning to go to Ireland this year for 2-3 weeks. Both Northern and the Republic of Ireland. I am thinking to go either in the last week of August or mid September. Is this a good time to go? Also for those VT'ers who have been there and in your own country regularly drive on the right side of the road how difficult is it to adapt to driving on the left?

My son wants to see as many castles as we can while we are there. Any suggestions on the best way to see them? Go in a loop, try to find them one by one - just looking for the best way to see as many as we can. Any we should avoid? Any that are haunted?

Also is it easy to find accommodations there? Should I book ahead or can I walk into a B&B and get a room?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

more