change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• emma-james's Profile Photo

Where has the brown cow gone

Durham Jan 24, 2016 at 6:09 AM

I stayed in the Brown cow some years ago and have been looking to go back ,but cant find it

more
    • Visa in Heathrow airport or Leeds airport

Heathrow Jan 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM

My daughter who is australian citizen travelling to Leeds for study from Sydney changing flight at London at the same terminal 5. Does she apply student visa on arrival at Heathrow airport or at Leeds airport. Her stopover at Heathrow airport is 2 hrs and her baggage will be booked to Leeds and she is flying with British Airways all through. Please advise and thanks for your help

more
    • LHR Terminal 5 to Terminal 2

Heathrow Jan 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Hi, I am departing from LHR Terminal 5 this May and would like to know if I can transfer from T5 after security checks to Terminal 2 and then back. I simply want to go over to T2 because the airlines club that I belong to is only in Terminal 2. Thank you for your answers!

more
    • unsafe area around London?

Greater London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM

are there any unsafe area around London? Whenever I visit a city, I sometimes I ride the public transportation out to the end (near end) of the line?

more
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Females aged 60 years looking for good food and music

London Yesterday

We are visiting London in November. We are a group of 60+ year old women. We like a bit of fun and music and good food. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London. Can anyone suggest a place, either in the afternoon or early evening where we will be treated to good food and a bit of a dance or maybe a bit of a show?
      Thank you, Vicki

more
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Off-Peak Day Return question

England Feb 2, 2016 at 3:49 AM

I understand that the off-peak tickets are only valid after 9:30 in the morning. But I haven't been able to find out if they are also bound to a specific time in the afternoon. Can they be used on any train when going back? Or is there a certain rush hour, when all the commuters travel back and the off-peak ticket is not valid? I don't want to be bound to a specific train, but the difference between this ticket and an anytime return is more than 11 GBP so I'm thinking about getting it. This is for the London-Cambridge-London trains.

Thank you for your help.

more
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Recommend a restaurant for celebrating a birthday

Manchester Jan 18, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Hi
      We are celebrating a birthday in Manchester and would like to find a really good restaurant in walking distance from Piccadilly gardens. Any suggestions?

more
    • Airport Customs

London Feb 1, 2016 at 4:06 PM

do I need to go through Customs in Heathrow when I transfer to a connecting flight to Paris?  I'm starting in the USA.

more
    • johndoc37's Profile Photo

Discount Clothing Shopping Location

Newcastle upon Tyne Jan 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM

I have been told that there is a discount clothing location about 30 minute's drive from Newcastle Upon Tyne airport. I'm told that the place "has a one-word name".

The answer isn't the 'Metro' :)

Can anyone assist me please?

With thanks

johndoc37

more
    • would baggage recheck require a transit visa ? parents travelling from delhi to atlanta

Heathrow Jan 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM

hi , my parents are travelling from delhi to uk using virgin atlantic with a layoer at heathrow.
      virgin atlantic customer care as been giving conflicting information about baggage recheck-in ,
      so the question is - if my parents do need to recheck - would they need any kind of transit visa ?
      I checked the UK visa website it says travellers who have a valid US VISA are exempt.. but is there anyway to confirm.

more
    • Best bus routes for one afternoon "tour":

London Jan 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Were only going to be in London for 3 days, then, Eurostar to Paris.
      So, we'll arrive fairly early (from the States) Monday and thought a rasy series of Public bus rides that afternoon might whet our appetite for a re-visit.
      Which route (or series or routes) would y'all suggest for an overview of London? Numbers? We already have our Oyster passes.
      PS: We are taking an all day tour to Oxford and The Cotswolds for Tuesday and a walking tour (of London highlights)
      Wednesday morning.

more
    • London Secrets

London Jan 13, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi..

I've been lucky enough to went a few times to London so this time, I want to do something differente.
      It's usual to see short clips about "London Secrets" like old and abandon underground stations.

Is it possible to visit one? If so, what do I have to do?

By the way, what secrets of London can you share for me to see them?

Thanks!

Best regards,
      Pedro

more
    • getting around Keswick

Keswick Feb 1, 2016 at 10:36 PM

I understand the main road into Keswick is washed out because of the recent flooding. I have reservations in Keswick for May 5 through May 8. How will I get around if the roads have been washed away?

more
    • T5 to T3 cross uk border?

Heathrow Yesterday

I'm Colombian trying to book a flight from Houston, TX to Barcelona, Spain. With British Airways. My flight will have a conexion in London Heathrow for 2 hours. I will arrive at T5 and departure will be at T3. I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP figuring out if I will cross uk border when I go from T5 to T3 to catch my conexion flight? And if I will need a visa

According to this article from the uk government website

Colombian nationals will be able to transit airside through UK airports without needing a Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV).

Colombian nationals will still need a visa if they want to cross the UK border for any reason, whether to visit or change flights. If a connecting flight is from another airport, passengers will still need to get a Visitor in Transit Visa before passing through the UK.

gov.uk/government/world-loca...

more
    • discount theater tickets

London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Any suggestions on where I can purchase discount theater tickets for four people?

more
    • unsafe area around London?

Greater London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM

are there any unsafe area around London? Whenever I visit a city, I sometimes I ride the public transportation out to the end (near end) of the line?

more
    • duty free from Canada with connecting uk flights

Heathrow 14 hours ago

Can I bring duty free from Canada from t5 to t1 through security again in a sealed bag with a receipt when connecting to Scotland?

more
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Accommodation in London

London Feb 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

I´ve started to look for accommodation in London now, I know it is not a cheap. Is it realistic my expectation of paying 100/130 Euro a night for a bed and breakfast with private bathroom? Is there a good region to look for? Thanks!

more
    • meeting friend

Heathrow Jan 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hi my name is kuldeep . I have one question about my friend he is traveling from India to Canada .he got two hour flight stay vat Heathrow terminal5 .I want to meet himq.he don't have transit visa can I meet him at airport waiting area

more
    • 2 weeks in England

England Jan 19, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Hi there - my friend and I are flying into Heathrow airport and going to Plymouth straightaway in end Apr. Stay for about abt 5-days and wish to do some day trips to Exeter/Cornwall/Devon by train , thereon we plan to head to Liverpool n Manchester (2/3 days each) and then head on to London for abt 3/4 days before flying out. BritRail English Pass offers a 8-day flexi at 290 pound/psn (the price seems to have gone up since I last goggled). Would appreciate some advice on better ways (in terms of fares) to travel around and suggestions on places to visit. Thanks n regards.

more
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Things to do with limited time in Leicester

Leicester Jan 19, 2016 at 9:17 AM

i will be in Leicester for a workshop for a few days. I will have limited time to see the city (probably only 1/2 day), what would be good to see for a textile crafts person who likes history, museums? Is it easy to get around on foot or would a bus be better?

Many thanks

Jane

more
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Textiles in Manchester/Stockport

Manchester Jan 19, 2016 at 9:13 AM

I will have a couple of days in Manchester and Stockport after a meeting and would like any recommendations for textile related museums and/or galleries in the area. Also, if you can recommend any good fibre shops, I would be delighted! :)

Many thanks

Jane

more
    • Driving to Lake District from York

Cumbria Jan 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM

We plan to drive from a 3day slow trip in the North York Moors region ( final night is between Whitby or Scarborough) Then we are heading to the Lake District. Which route would you suggest that we take , to see the most of the Southern part , before settling into our next 3 days at Keswick area

more
    • Is there a service that can pick up a lost bag at Heathrow/ British Airways?

London Jan 12, 2016 at 12:19 PM

It appears my daughter's lost bag has arrived, but they are too backlogged to deliver.

more
    • Walking from Terminal 5 to Staines Moor

Heathrow Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hi everybody!

In May I will arrive at terminal 5 and will have more than six hours before my connecting flight (also T5) departs. I know I'll need plenty of time for security, but I think there should nevertheless be enough time for a short walk outside the airport. I am thinking of walking to Staines Moor and maybe spend an hour there. My questions: Is it feasible? Can I walk from terminal 5 to Staines Moor or is that practically impossible because there are only big roads? Has anybody done this during a stopover? If so, do you recommend it? If you think it's a bad idea, can you recommend any alternative?

more

Near Clifton