Clifden

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• what do do in claregalway

Claregalway Apr 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Suggestions of what to do on a 4 day visit to claregalway. Staying at Claregalway Hotel but have a car. Places to eat and drink?

more
    • shopping on Inisheer

Inisheer Apr 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM

can you buy aran sweaters on Inisheer

more
    • sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

Galway in a day

Galway Mar 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM

We are on a cruise in May and one of the Ports of Call is Galway. We are there from 8-6 but Im estimating we will be off the ship maybe 10-3 or 10-4 maximum. I have been looking at the tips and hints here and various other sites and there seems so much to see and do. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what are really must do activities baring in mind we have only 5-6 hours ashore

more
    • Cruefan's Profile Photo

Best places to take pictures outside Clifden

by Cruefan Online Now Mar 9, 2005 at 11:38 AM

I am travelling to County Galway in May and will probably be taking a trip to up to the Clifden area. I've seen some great pictures taken from the sky road. Any sugestions for great places for scenic pictures in the area?

3 Answers May 16, 2005 at 4:11 PM
    • Jennyjump79's Profile Photo

Walking near Clifden?

by Jennyjump79 Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 5:43 PM

Hi! I'm heading to Ireland in November and am thinking of spending a night or two in Clifden. I'd really like to get out and do some walking or biking while I'm there (yup, I know-- it's November.) The guide books I've found all suggest walking either the lower or higher Sky Road. Has anyone done this? How strenuous of a walk is it? I'm a pretty avid walker, but I'm not very experienced when it comes to hiking and difficult terrain-- should I stick to the lower road? Lastly, should I be concerned about being alone in this area? I've travelled solo to cities before, but this is my first time venturing outside a metro area by myself. Any advice would be a big help!

2 Answers May 16, 2005 at 4:20 PM