Clifden Travel Answers

change location
Cruefan's Profile Photo

Best places to take pictures outside Clifden

by Cruefan Online Now Mar 9, 2005 at 11:38 AM

I am travelling to County Galway in May and will probably be taking a trip to up to the Clifden area. I've seen some great pictures taken from the sky road. Any sugestions for great places for scenic pictures in the area?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

RE: Best places to take pictures outside Clifden

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 9, 2005 at 4:48 PM

i walked the sky road last year.
    it's a nice day hike with lot's of good views.
    highly recommended.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PeteNL's Profile Photo

by PeteNL Online Now Mar 10, 2005 at 12:42 AM

Hi,

South of Clifden is a place called the "Coral Strand", where you may be lucky to find some fossile coral washed ashore. Also, the coastline here is very scenic for pictures, with the Twelve Pins (Bens) clearly visible when the weather is good enough. Also the river and forest at the Ballinahinch estate is a good place for pictures, being close to the hills, and you can taken a scenic inland drive up north/nortwest and back to Clifden from there.

Have a nice trip!
    P.

• ladyanne's Profile Photo

by ladyanne Online Now May 16, 2005 at 4:11 PM

You can't go wrong anywhere you are in Ireland. Connemara is splendid, Maam Cross and Maam have great barren rock mountains and hills, the shoreline is aglow with colors from another world. The people, the houses, the stone, you will have to stop yourself from taking too many pictures, but thank God for the digital, which helps. Leenane also, have sharp hills that fall into the bay.
    Enjoy, there will be so many opportunities for great photographs you won't know what to do with yourself.
    Best of luck.
    ladyanne

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines