Cleveland Travel Answers

change location
ttownrobin's Profile Photo

Van Halen Concert, Oct 10 - coming in by bus - where to eat and drink before and/or after near H.Inn

by ttownrobin Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Hi! 'Anyone going to see Van Halen on Oct. 10th at Quicken Loans Arena? (with tickets on the floor?)
My brother is taking a Greyhound in from New York and me, from Toledo. Once we meet up at the bus station we have to walk to the Holiday Inn Express (.03 mi from Quicken Loans Arena), check in, then get primed for the concert. I haven't seen him in 2 years! I can't wait.
WE don't want to spend another arm and a leg (the tickets and the hotel were a lot!) but thought we'd grab a bite and have a few drinks on the way from the hotel to the concert. Any suggestions of where to go between the hotel on Euclid St., and the Arena? Is there any place decent to eat before we leave the next day from the Greyhound station (near it)? Is that a "shady" area by any chance...? 'Think we should take a cab from there to and from the hotel, or would it be okay to walk?

If you have a seat on the floor, section 4, let me know! He'll be up by the stage and I'll be there in my seat, hopefully standing at least, but all by my lonesome. (I am 47 yrs old, not bad looking but a little extra poundage, and I'm a really nice person, and fun to go to concerts with - not too loud, but not a mealy mouse either.) I don't do mosh pits...can't breathe up there anymore. I'm still a concert aficionado, it's just that mosh pits aren't like they were in the 70's when I first started going to concerts.

Thanks for any suggestions that anyone can make to help us enjoy ourselves while we are there for just a day and a half without having to spend another 100. dollars! (Gees - the t-shirts will be another 100.00 - hope he has enough to cover it LOL!!)

Thanks for reading my post,
TTownRobin

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines