Clermont-Ferrand Travel Answers

change location
blenderprincess's Profile Photo

Need weather advice for December trip to Clermont-Ferrand

by blenderprincess Online Now Nov 9, 2004 at 9:32 PM

Hello!1 My husband is going to Clermont Ferrand 12/12-12/18... then 1 night inParis before returning home to San Francisco area. I don't like being cold, but this is a chance to accompany him and have free hotel...I can use my miles. Is it worth it at all, or should I let him go on his work trip without me, and I'll go later when it is warm. Just so anxious to go somewhere...or should I head to Hawaii by myself? love France...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mariev's Profile Photo

Re: Need weather advice for December trip to Clermont-Ferrand

by mariev Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 5:18 AM

Hi, For the weather aspect : Clermont-Ferrand (like all the Auvergne region) can have rather harsh winters (FYI, it snowed this night and the temperature just now (1pm) is 3C) Worth or not worth ?It depends so much of what you like and what you are looking for than I can only suggest that you have a first look at some sites about the town and the region for instance ville-clermont-ferrand.fr/uk... ot-clermont-ferrand.fr/index... crt-auvergne.fr/fr/index2.ph...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Need weather advice for December trip to Clermont-Ferrand

by m.giroux Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 11:38 AM

Well, the weather will be what it is; probably not any typhoons or hurricanes in the forecast, though this is about the time of year the locals start hoping for snow so as to get the ski season off to an early start. However if you enjoy geology, natural history, views of not-too-ancient volcanoes that were overwhelmed by the upstart Alps, walking (from a little to a whole bunch), food, relatively unvisited areas (even many french people have not visited the area much), small/quaint towns separated by pretty drives, then I would definitely give it a go. It has to be at least as good as six days in Maui, but either way you'll get volcanoes!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines