Clearwater Beach Travel Answers

change location
sannahagman's Profile Photo

Clearwater Beach v/s Nassau (with kids 2 and 4) in late September?

by sannahagman Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 12:28 AM

My family is visiting good friends in the US in late September and will round up with a week's vacation in either Clearwater Beach or the Bahamas.

Is the weather okay then? We come from Sweden and definitely want to hang in the sun on the beach. How warm is it usually in Clearwater Beach at this time? Is there a nice beach front hotel which suits a family like ours, with two small kids?

I would really appreciate any thoughts upon this.

Thank you in advance,

Sanna

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Re: Clearwater Beach v/s Nassau (with kids 2 and 4) in late September?

by dustmon Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Clearwater should still be nice and warm at the end of September, just be aware that it is still hurricane season, and there is a chance for storms thru October....There is a wonderful Marriott Suites on Sand Key and there is also a Holiday Inn on the beach.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MarkStephenson761's Profile Photo

Re: Clearwater Beach v/s Nassau (with kids 2 and 4) in late September?

by MarkStephenson761 Online Now Sep 9, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Have you made your plans yet? I'd love to do a brief commercial here for the Tampa Bay area. Clearwater Beach is beautiful and very active. Good for Kids, fun, lots for you to do as well. Late September is still part of our rainy season, so be mentally prepared for that. You may want to scout out some indoor stuff to do for those rainy afternoons...luckily, there's plenty of that available in the Tampa area..BUT, I am prejudiced because my website is all about that!

Anyway, I hope you and your family have a great time. While you're here, check out the Florida Aquarium, Ybor City, the Glazer Children's Museum and the Dali Museum.

Mark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines