Clearwater Beach Travel Answers

change location

Is water on Gulf Coast blue?

by ronaramseier Online Now May 26, 2011 at 8:16 AM

My family is visiting Florida next week and we'll be staying in Orlando. We went to Cocoa Beach last year and it was nice, but I've heard beaches on the Gulf Coast are nicer, blue water, white sand, etc. I don't want to drive 4 hours to a beach but am willing to drive 2 hours. Any recommendations for a blue water beach over on the Gulf Coast?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Is water on Gulf Coast blue?

by Agraichen Online Now May 26, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Clearwater is nice but I prefer a bit further south of St Petersburg. Saratoga will probably be a bit too far, but St. Petersburg on the south side has some great places.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • littlesam1's Profile Photo

by littlesam1 Online Now May 26, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I have been to Clearwater. Its a nice beach. The sunsets are fantastic. But as for the water color, I am not sure. I guess it depends on the sky, the cloud cover etc. But I do find the Gulf beaches in Florida nicer than the Atlantic beaches.

• SONG's Profile Photo

by SONG Online Now May 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I live in Orlando and prefer the Gulf beaches. I love Clearwater beach and it is fairly easy to drive to. The Gulf- to- Bay causeway is just a beautiful drive and if you are so inclined, eat at the Island Grill which is on the causeway just before you reach Clearwater. It is a fabulous restaurant with a New York stylish feeling. Frenchies Bar and Grill is right on the beach in Clearwater and is great for a quick bite while on the beach....without actually leaving the beach. If you park in the city lots, plan on spending about a dollar per hour. You must feed dollar bills into a kiosk which gives you gold coins for the meters. I think Clearwater is superior to Cocoa beach.....hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Email me here at song@vtmail.com with more questions.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines