Clearwater Beach Travel Answers

change location
MsResha's Profile Photo

Beach...

by MsResha Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 7:05 AM

I am visiting Orlando on Thursday and my boyfriend and I aren't really thrilled about the theme parks but are more interested in Florida Beaches. Which beaches are close to Orlando? I was reading up on Clearwater and Honeymoon Island. I want something a little less crowded than Daytona. Thanks Shaun

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • barkybite's Profile Photo

Re: Beach...

by barkybite Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 7:32 AM

Let me recommend Crescent Beach. It's clean and wide and easy to walk or bike on. And there are always lightly-peopled areas available. It's fifteen miles south of St. Augustine, which is a great touring destination in itself. From Orlando by highway, continue north beyond Daytona about 40 miles. For a small daily fee, you can drive your car onto the beach. The auto lanes don't present much of a problem to the bathers or walkers, however, since the beach is so wide. The lanes are marked with cones, and the speed limit is 10 mph. Enforcement of speed limits and open-container laws is fairly intense.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • littlesam1's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Beach...

by littlesam1 Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 8:19 AM

I was at Clearwater Beach in the late spring last year and really enjoyed it. It was not very crowded at that time of year. I am not sure what it would be like this time of year. Check out some of the Clearwater Beach pages here on VT and see if they are any help to you. Larry

• springbreak105's Profile Photo

by springbreak105 Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 8:26 AM

Hi, I just went to Clearwater beach yesterday. And it was PACKED. Very nice water, calm, just a lot of people. I wouldn't recommend Coco Beach. It's the closest least crowed beach to Orlando, but besides teh beach there is NOTHING to do. Hope this helps.

• Re: Beach...

by joesorce Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 6:09 PM

Ormond north of Daytona, or drive up even further north to Flagler Beach, practically a private beach during the weekdays.

• cleung's Profile Photo

by cleung Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 9:05 PM

Cocoa Beach is a bit closer than the beaches out by Clearwater and Tampa. Cocoa is on the east coast, about an hour from Orlando. Clearwater has probably a nicer beach but is a bit further to the west, about 2 hours from Orlando. Clint Free Spirit Gallery http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Art

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines