Clearwater Travel Answers

change location
huntert_77's Profile Photo

Honeymoon!

by huntert_77 Online Now Feb 7, 2006 at 6:41 AM

I will be coming there March 12, 2006 for my honeymoon. I realize it will be busy with SpringBreakers and was wondering if anyone had some advice about what to do there(where to eat, shop, relax, have fun). I want to make the most of my trip and would also like to get away from the crowds a day or two. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ZenGator's Profile Photo

RE: Honeymoon!

by ZenGator Online Now Feb 10, 2006 at 2:03 PM

Um, you're going to be swamped with spring breakers. The best thing to do is tend towards the north side of the beach. Walk up a bit and you'll be alongside a residential area, and even farther along it's just dunes, and at the north end of the island is a sandbar connecting you to pristine (and almost always empty) Caledesi state park.

But other than that, Clearwater and all the Pinellas beaches further south will be packed in. There are some good beach-fare restaurants (the 3 locations of Frenchie's probably being he best), but you'll probably want to get off the island once and a while to eat or whatever. This will be the first spring break season for the new bridge linking Clearwater Beach to mainland Clearwater, so hopefully traffic will be better than the bumper-to-bumper snarl that used to build up at that time.

BTW, congrats! ;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines