Clearwater Travel Answers

change location

Another person moving to Florida

by sweetiepiepie Online Now Apr 26, 2004 at 10:17 AM

Hi everybody, So, Ok, I'm another person who's planning to move to Florida. I'm most interested in areas North of Clearwater because I don't want to have to drive those bridges across the bay any time I want to head East. I know what the traffic can be like and would prefer to avoid it if at all possible. Plus, I think being closer to the Gulf would be better weather-wise, more breezes, hopefully cooler temps, and of course, access to the beaches... Or am I totally wrong about the weather thing? I'm eager to get everyone's opinion on area's they would or would not recommend and why. This is your chance to spout off, tell it like it is, go for it! Also, my boyfriend is from Venice, Italy. Does anyone know of any really strong Italian/American communities in the area? Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Grazie, Liliana

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Another person moving to Florida

by arasnosliw Online Now May 4, 2004 at 1:14 AM

Dunedin and Tarpon Springs are two nice towns just north of Clearwater. They are in a great location, and still very close to the beach. I am not sure about Italian communities in the area. Tarpon Springs is very Greek though.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Joegator7's Profile Photo

Re: Another person moving to Florida

by Joegator7 Online Now May 17, 2004 at 10:04 PM

Why don't you want to drive across bridges? Is it a phobia or are you worried about traffic. I would say any area you can find in Pinellas County would be the best for Gulf access. There aren't really any beaches in Pasco Country, which is just north of Clearwater/Tarpon Springs. The area is booming and I highly recommend it

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines