Clearwater Travel Answers

change location

Relocate to Clearwater?

by tl772200 Online Now Feb 19, 2004 at 1:34 AM

Hello, I would like to relocate with my 3 small children and husband to clearwater from the midwest. Can you share any good family info you might have? Schools, crime, cost of living etc. I've done all the online research, but don't trust it completely. I'd like to know what real people have to say. I live in a small town in Illinois, few jobs, low pay, high rent, high taxes, terrible schools, bad weather and rude snotty people. I would like insight on the quality of life in Clearwater. Also, my husband and I both work in the IT field. Does anyone have any thoughts on IT job availability in the area? Thank you, Tracy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Erin09340's Profile Photo

RE: Relocate to Clearwater?

by Erin09340 Online Now Mar 5, 2005 at 10:49 AM

I grew up in Palm Harbor, just north of Clearwater. I loved living there. I live in Colorado now and would go back to Florida in a second. I can't answer your reply as to IT jobs in the area, sorry. Pinellas County is the most densely populated county in the state. The traffic just keeps getting worse. The weather is hot six months out of the year, and warm/hot the other six months. There are no state income taxes, but you get taxed for everything else. I think the people are friendly for the most part. As a product of the public school system, and with 3 parents who were public school teachers, I think it's pretty good. I think Palm Harbor schools might be better then Clearwater schools, but then I might be biased. In short, my husband and I want to move back to the area; my mother and stepmother want to move out; my dad and stepdad want to split their time 50/50 with FL and somewhere else.
    Hope it helps.
    Erin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines