change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sightseeing and activity recommendations

South Lake Tahoe Jun 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Hi,
      I plan to take my 3 kids to Lake Tahoe in August. I plan to drive there, and will stay there for 2 full days. This is our first time to Lake Tahoe, and I found lots of things to do and see when I looked it up on the web. I want to know what sights and activities are most recommended to see or do in 2 days. Your specific advise will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

more
    • what todo today

Santa Cruz Jun 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

is there any events today in santa cruz?

more
    • Pickleball Play?

Santa Barbara Jun 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM

is there any organized or not, pickleball in Santa Barbara or close?

more
    • father son time

Eureka Jun 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM

want too catch a fish off of the north jette, with my son i have no clue what to use or were to fish can you help a bratha out ? thanks

more
    • What can i do in and near Seal beach?

Seal Beach 2 hours ago

is there anything fun to do in seal beach for a good price? anything near as well? It'd a road trip from Texas! Also can you swim? Or is it for the seals only? are there actually seals there also

more
    • Best driving route to avoid L.A. traffic driving from northern California to Leucadia

Leucadia 6 hours ago

What's the best route from northern California (north of San Francisco) driving south to Leucadia, CA to avoid L.A. traffic?

more
    • Oxnard beach/harbor area

Oxnard Jul 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM

What is the Phone number to that free shuttle that operates in the Oxnard harbor/beach area?

more
    • best places to dine in south lake tahoe

Yosemite National Park Jun 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Looking for great food places to dine in south lake Tahoe in July. Please lmk! thank you!

more
    • Holiday four four adults in Palm Springs in April/may 2015

Palm Springs Jun 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What should we see. Happy to travel on day trips around the area around p springs

more
    • inexpensive family restaurants on the beach?

Manhattan Beach Jul 1, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Can you tell me a good inexpensive family restaurant on the Manhattan beach?

more
    • lallarebecca's Profile Photo

Must see L.A.?

Los Angeles Jun 29, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I´ll be coming for the first time to L.A. in mid-November for 3 days and would like to know what are the must-see, and must-visit places?

I have guidebooks at home but a short list from you people would make it so much easier to sum it up!

By the way, what should we consider when driving in L.A.? Is it hard to get a parkingspot downtown or near popular sights?

Thanks in advance! :)

more
    • Train service in Malibu

Malibu Jun 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Are there trains running from Santa monica to Malibu ?

more
    • Just one day

Sequoia National Park Jun 21, 2014 at 5:38 AM

We are coming to SNP in August but we will only have one day there. What are the best things to do?

more
    • promo code for hotels in San Fran

San Francisco Jun 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Looking for promo code for hotel in San Fran
      Around union square, or Fishermens wharf
      The Western st Francis or the he Radisson Fishermens wharf would be great

more
    • Planning to drive through Death Valley on July 19

Death Valley National Park 5 hours ago

Our family is planning to drive from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death valley on July 19. My parents (65+) with heart problem are going to travel with us and our daughter is 5 yr old.

Just want to have opinion from this forum, is it safe to drive through death valley in month on July? We are not planning to stop any where, just driving in A/C car.

Your opinion will be helpful

Thanks

more
    • ScotsSunseeker's Profile Photo

Redondo Beach

Los Angeles Jul 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hi again and thanks for the answers to my previous query, all very helpful.

Ok, Redondo Beach, really want to visit here and tried before but my wife was put off when the train stopped at the raised station and she couldn't see any transport link to take us to into the city. So, is this the only way to get to Redondo or is there a bus link from Downtown? I have done some searching and now realise that all we had to do was go downstairs from the station to catch a bus but I am curious as to any other way of getting there. We love bus journeys as we enjoy seeing a city this way.

Thanks in advance, Phil.

more
    • Day tour via private limo/hummer

Los Angeles Jun 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Hi,
      3 Aussie males traveling to LA in September.
      Would like some help in regards to hiring a limo or Hummer for about 4-5 hours to see the sights.

Has anyone got any recommendations please.

more
    • parasailing

Leo Carrillo State Beach Jun 26, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I would like to go parasailing while I am camping at leo carrillo state beach in July. Where would I go and how much does it cost for this activity?

more
    • fourth of july

Los Angeles Jun 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I'm taking my first trip to ca. I'm looking at staying in pasadena near the rose bowl for the fourth of july? is this a good idea or are there better options?

more
    • moving to san juan capistrano

San Juan Capistrano Jun 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM

i will moving to the area soon,and will need a job,starting over,what types of companies are near,very nervous.huge move

more
    • SAFE FOR TWO YEAR OLDS

Palm Springs Jun 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM

IS IT SAFE FOR TWO YEAR OLDS TO GO TO PALM SPRINGS IN JUNE WHEN NOT ACCUSTOMED TO HOT WEATHER?

more

Where to stay?

Los Angeles 7 hours ago

In mid-novermber I will come for 3 nights to L.A. for the first time with my mom.

I have been looking around various bookingsites to find the perfect accomodation, but there is such a wide variety and upon that comes the question of which area to choose for a first-timer?

I´ll be happy for all your advice.

We are looking for something which is clean, has decent service, in a good location and somewhere between 2-4 stars. We are mostly staying in 4-stars, but the most important thing is that the place is clean. Our budget would be around 350 dollars per night or slightly more if value is great. If you have any cheaper tips that are good they are very welcome as well of course.

We´ll be renting a car on our day after arrival so if the place is not too far from an Avis or Hertz office that would be great, or else at least, be near local transportation that could take us to such a place.

Since we´ll be having a car, I´d appreciate if the parking fee at the recommended hotels are not ridiculously expensive, though I know parking in L.A. hotels generally are expensive.

Great thanks in advance!

more
    • Driving conditions in Yosemite (January)

Yosemite National Park 11 hours ago

What are the driving conditions like to Yosemite around January? Does it full on snow, do we need chains.

more

Hotel recommendation L.A.?

Los Angeles Jun 29, 2014 at 4:52 AM

I´m coming for the first time to L.A. with my mother in mid-November for a 3 days visit before heading on a cruise, and wonder if anyone has got recommendations for nice hotels?

We´ll be renting a car as well, what are the best options for parking? I guess the top-end and better hotels might be charging a hefty amount for valetparking? Is it generally worth paying that to stay in one of the better places or what would you say?

more
    • StephanB's Profile Photo

Tent camping near Lake Tahoe?

South Lake Tahoe Jun 24, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Hello, it has been a long time since I have visited this site. I a trying to plan a last minute camping trip for my family. I have 3 year old triplets, so I am concerned the camping in the lake area would be too cold at night for little ones. Are there places driving distance to the park and lake that are at a lower elevation, and thus, possibly not too cold. It looks like the overnight norms are around the low 40s near the lake. Thanks

more
    • What to do tonight?

by tcromwell Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'm in the area on business and staying in Claremont. I have tonight free and would love some suggestions on something to do. I went to the village last night (really stayed on the street that Hero's is on). Other suggestions?

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    • Where To Go In Claremont For My Luncheon Date Today!

by baydogma Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Hey Claremonites!

I have a beautiful date I met on Match.com that is geographical situated is such a place that we are meeting half way in Claremont today for lunch. I don't know where to go there and need some help.
      A cool place we can get a beer and some good food that has some atmosphere would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help! I look forward to hearing for you...

Michael