change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• beebee9's Profile Photo

Angels & Demons tour

Rome Apr 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What company would you suggest we do Angels & Demons tour with? Are they all pretty much the same?

more
    • Independant Tour Operators

Rome Mar 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM

We're sailing from Barcelona, Spain this summer. The tours that Royal Caribbean offers are quite expensive. Are there independent tour operators at the port who are cheaper that cruise line tours and, if so, do they speak English?

more
    • 4 days in rome

Rome 13 hours ago

hello ! i wanted to know what are the places to see in rome ? please ans asap

more
    • kbaum1608's Profile Photo

Looking for the site of the Roma Mormon temple

Rome Apr 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hello :) We are headed to Roma this weekend and would like to visit the site of the Mormon temple that is under construction there, but I cannot find its location on Mormon.org. I know the church kind of likes to keep the location of its new temples under wraps until they are open to the public, so I'm hoping that someone who has seen the new site or lives in Rome and knows where it is could share its location so that we can visit while we are there. Does anyone know where it is?

Thank you so much :D
      Karen

more
    • Roman Coliseum and the Roman Fever

Rome Mar 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I read in Henry James' novella "Daisy Miller" about Daisy contracting the Roman Fever by being in the coliseum at night. Of course, the setting of that story is in the 1870s, and it is fiction. But I was wondering: 1) What the rules were for public access to the coliseum at night now; and 2) Are there stories or local tales associating this Roman Fever and the Coliseum?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

4 days Rome and Pompeii

Rome Apr 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I have allocated 4 days 4 nights for Rome and Pompeii for my 11 days Italy tour, have some specific questions

1. Is it better to stay all 4 nights in Rome and make a day trip to Pompeii? I was thinking 3 night stay in Rome, then 1 night in Pompeii (heading Florence next). Which is better?

2. Is it better better to get the Omnia Vatican and Rome Card or the Roma Pass? I have checked the website and they look similar to me - looking for some feedback from people who purchased and used them previously

3. Any specials on certain days to take note of? I should be arriving on a Wednesday morning.

4. How are the trains route like - i.e. better to travel day time or night time? Are the train rides scenic (Rome-Pompeii-Florence-Milan-Venice)

Any useful tips would be appreciated. Thanks :)

more
    • kbaum1608's Profile Photo

How do I book an advance train ticket if I'm not Italian?

Rome Apr 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Hello! I am trying to book the 2 for 1 Saturday fare from Termini to Florence via the TrenItalia website, but it says I need a login name to do so. To receive a login name, it needs an Italian address, but I am from the US. My Italian is not good enough to see what I need to do via the TrenItalia site. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to book these fares online in advance? I'm afraid the tickets will be gone if we wait. Thank you :)

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

Vatican and rome card

Rome Apr 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Hi , i will be in Rome from Jun 25 till jun 28 for 3 nights . As i will be visiting the usual tourist sights like The vatican , colosseum , ... Is it worth my while to buy the Vatican /Rome card

thankyou Virtual tourist

more
    • BangBen's Profile Photo

36 hours in Rome

Rome Mar 28, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Hi guys,
      I'll be in Rome this April. But I only have couple hours there. I have some questions:
      1. Could you please share what to visit in Rome beside Vatican (of course)?
      2. What is the best way to visit those places? Metro, bus, taxi, walk? I'll stay in Vaticano Prati.
      3. Please also inform me how to reach the hotel from airport and vice versa.

Thanks a lot,

more
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Free entrance to Vatican Museums

Rome Mar 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Here mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-I... I've seen the info that on the last Sunday of month the entrance is free of charge. Are there a lot of people this day? Is it worth to go there this day or it's better to buy a ticket online for another day? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Metro in Rome

Rome Mar 26, 2014 at 3:36 AM

If we choose to use the Metro when travailing from the airport to our apartment rental. Is there room on the trains for our luggage? Will be arriving early in the morning at about 5:30

Will the metro be busy at that time?

more
    • three days in rome

Rome Apr 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Hi ! We are going to stay in rome for three days from 17may to 20 may . What are the major tourist attractions in rome we should cover ? How many places can we see in three days given that we are living in trastevere area

more
    • Accomodation in Rome

Rome Mar 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Hello, I’m Sylwia. I’m from Poland, studying in Cracow :) I’m 22 years old. With 4 friends I’m going to the canonization of John Paul II. We had arranged accommodation, but recently found out that we can not stay where we planned. We have a problem-we will spend 5 nights in Rome, and we do not have somewhere to sleep, we do not have too much money for hotels ... Do you know any alternative ways of accommodation? We do not need much-just a piece of the floor. Maybe some of you who live in Rome, would like to take home 5 Polish pilgrims? Help, please ... I'm sorry for language mistakes, I do not speak fluent English :)

Ciao, sono Sylwia. Sono polacca, studio a Cracovia. :) Ho 22 anni. Con 4 amici stanno andando alla canonizzazione di Giovanni Paolo II. Noi avevamo organizzato alloggio, ma recentemente scoperto che non possiamo stare dove abbiamo programmato. Abbiamo un problema, passeremo 5 notti a Roma, e non abbiamo un posto dove dormire, non abbiamo troppi soldi per alberghi ... Sapete eventuali mezzi alternativi di sistemazione? Non abbiamo bisogno di tanto- solo un pezzo del pavimento. Forse alcuni di Voi che vivono a Roma, vorrebbe portare a casa 5 pellegrini polacchi? Aiutatemi, per favore ... Mi dispiace per gli errori di lingua, non parlo perfettamente l'italiano :)

more
    • Where can I buy a designer mens suit?

Rome Apr 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I'll be in Rome for 3 days and want to buy a good designer men's suit.

Is there an up-market department store somewhere in the centre that has lots of different brands in it - like Selfridges or Harvey Nichols in London, or Macy's/Bloomingdale's/Barney's in New York??

Or is there a street that has all the major designers on it?? Money/price isn't a restriction.

Thanks!

more
    • Castel Gandolfo Papal Garden tour

Castel Gandolfo Apr 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM

We are excited to find tickets for the new Papal Garden tour at Castel Gandolfo. Now we are trying to figure out how to get there for a 08:30 tour. A train is scheduled to arrive at 08:06 from Termini, will it give us enough time to get to the entrance? mv.vatican.va/1_CommonFiles/... only says to 'follow the sign for town center, 15 minutes on foot'. Is it really that easy? I am nervous that I won't be able to find it. Please help. Thank you.

more
    • Getting from Trevi Fountain to Vatican

Rome Apr 13, 2014 at 3:57 AM

In a few months time my wife and I will be in Rome. We are staying in a hotel close to the Trevi fountain. We have booked an early morning tour of the Sistine Chapel and have to be at the meeting point (on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi) at 7:15am. I was wondering the best way to get there at that time of the morning. Someone told me it is only a 20 minute walk from the fountain to the Vatican. Is that correct? Would it be safe walking in that area at that time of the morning?
      TIA

more
    • day tours near Rome

Rome Apr 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

We are a group of 4 traveling to Rome mid May. We would like some suggestions on how to find an English speaking tour guide/tour for day trips. Any advise?

more
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

Rome experts: which is your most favourite gelateria?

Rome Apr 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hello hello :-)

a former colleague will be in Rome in a week and she looks forward to daily gelato :-)
      I already looked at the ice cream guides on our Rome travel guide but wanted to ask envertheless:
      which is your favourite gelateria?
      And links to your tips please :-)

Ingrid

more
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

Day trips from Civitavecchia

by MSLIV Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I would like to see some of the countryside and small towns of interest on my way from Civitavecchia to Rome.
      Looking for suggestions, please.
      Liv

5 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Transport around Civitavecchia

by KaytieP Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM

We shall be visiting Civitavecchia on Dec 26th 2013 from a cruise ship.

We do not want to go to Rome. We cannot manage to walk long distances so are wondering if there is any reasonably priced transportation around C itself, such as a tour bus or otherwise can you give me an idea of the cost of taxis.

Also, bearing in mind that this is Boxing Day will there be any places open ?

I presume there will be no market. Will all other places such as museums and coffee shops also be closed ?

Many thanks for any help.

KaytieP

Many thanks

15 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    • Laundromat

by pl_dobson Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM

IS there a Laundromat near the port? We are taking two cruises back to back and would like to wash clothes while in port.

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    • Tours from port Civitavecchia

by Purduepete2 Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Can anyone recommend a good tour company for day tours from the port to Orvieto and Bagnoregio?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • Catholic Church mass times in Civitavecchia?

by rkohlbre Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Does anyone know the mass times for the Catholic Church and which church if there is more than one in Civitavecchia?

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Cheapest transportation to get from Nice, France to Civitavecchia, Italy around the end of

by 7nellie11 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Need ideas for cheapest transportation from Nice, France to Civitavecchia, Italy sometime between September and December. Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    • tourist guide

by Terry.Redhead Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM

what is there to see

5 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    • Mizzzmel's Profile Photo

Suggestion of most convenient transportation FCO Rome Civitavecchia

by Mizzzmel Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Would you kindly suggest the best way to meet a Celebrity cruise in November, 2013. We will require return transfers preferably by car. We will be arriving one night pre cruise on the 17th of November & also have one night post cruise on 1st of December.

Transfer 1-FCO to Rome hotel 17/11/13
      Transfer 2-Rome to Civitavecchia Port 18/11/13
      Transfer 3- Civitavecchia Port to Rome hotel 01/12/13
      Transfer 4-Rome hotel to FCO 02/12/13
      option Transfer 5-FCO to Civitavecchia port 17/11/13

Much appreciated
      Mel

11 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • One Day Cruise Stop - Day Trip to Rome and Ostia Antica

by EuroDeb Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM

We will stopping at Civitavecchia for one day (approx. 7am to 7pm) on our cruise. We have been to Rome previously, but thought we might try to travel to Ostia Antica by train from Civitavecchia, and then if time allows travel onto Rome for a quick wander around before returning to Civitavecchia. We need some advice on whether this is an achievable plan, and if so, how would we manage it? Any suggestions most appreciated.

4 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    • cruise port to train staion to Naples

by primajudy Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

arriving at cruise port in Civitavecchia, need to get to Naples.
      (1) what is easiest way?
      (2) if train, how do I get from cruise port to correct train to Naples?
      (3) I was thinking of taking luggage bigger than carry on, should I re-think that?
      (4) if you know approximate EURO costs of these rides, please let me know so I do not get taken advantage of as an English speaker only

6 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • Train to Venice

by arlsie Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

How do you suggest we get from the port in Civitavecchia, by private car, to a train station to take the train to Venice? Which train station should we plan on using? Thanks.

10 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • buses

by dcedillo Online Now May 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Do the sightseeing buses come near the port?

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    • Recommendation for overnight accommodation in Civitavecchia?

by kopps1 Online Now May 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive hotel for one night in Civitaveccia for pre-cruise stay? Thanks.

3 Answers May 24, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Train to Trastevere

by pepemorris11 Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Leaving cruise ship early in the morning. How do I make my way to Trastevere station which is enroute to the airport?
      1) How far is the nearest railway station from the cruise terminal? My husband has mobility problems and uses a walking stick. I am the only one dragging one piece of luggage and a haversack. If it is too far, are there free/paying shuttle buses or taxi(?) to get to the nearest station to hit the Rome train?

2) How much is the ticket to Trastevere? staying there for 2 nites before hitting the airport for home

3 ) Ticket machines in English? and user friendly?

Appreciate any help. thanks

8 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • BIRG Day Pass

by NYCinque Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Read abt Trains to & from Rome, from civitavecchia
      Where to purchase 1 Day BIRG pass for 7 adults & 1 3 yr old.
      Are they available online or must get @ train Station
      Can we get off Train @ Roma St Pietro & Return from Roma Termini on round trip ticket
      Website for Local train servicing Port & Roma
      Thanks

6 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    • FCO to Civitavecchia on Oct 19 evening

by dsobul Online Now Sep 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

How can I get from FCO to Civitavecchia? I cannot manage the train?
      D. Sobul

4 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    • train to Ostia

by Highlysociable Online Now Jul 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Hello, We are coming into Civitavecchia on a cruise ship next month, but don't want to go into Rome as we have already been. My husband would like to visit Ostia. How easy is it to get there direct from the port?

Many thanks in advance for your advice

2 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Civitavecchia, day trip

by balramdass Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Coming to C in July 31st from cruise ship.
      Dont really want to go to Rome again so is there much to do in C ? Or even around C.
      We like to see markets, touristy areas, bars etc.
      All suggestions are appreciated.
      Bal

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • Sightseeing outside Civitavecchia

by awheels Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM

We have four days between cruise and flight and we'd like to explore a little beyond C at the beginning of May.
      The challenge is . . . one of us uses a wheelchair (manual, foldable, lightweight, some mobility with assistance).
      Plan is to rent a car in C. and drop off at FCO. Train travel with luggage would be impractical.
      We're seasoned tourists and up for a challenge - but Tarquinia and Ostia look formidable on the YouTube videos I've researched. We love old towns, beautiful countryside, history, culture, food. Would be happy to spend two days here and two days there, if there's things to see and it's reasonably easy getting around.
      Can a VT expert offer suggestions?

3 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • Shuttle/taxi from Civitavecchia port to Fiumicino

by karenam Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi/shuttle service to use to take us from the cruise terminal at Civitavecchia Port to Fiumicino Airport? Also, how long does the journey take approximately?

4 Answers Sep 26, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    • Places to stay at other train stops on the way to Civitavecchia

by ikelmay Online Now Sep 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Hi all, just a question for anyone who might know the coastal area around Civitavecchia.

We are taking the train from Roma to CVT the evening before our cruise - I'm finding a chunk of accommodation in Civitavecchia is full - does anyone know if there are any of the small towns and villages on the railway line on the way there that might have a nice B&B that would be recommended? We would get off the train earlier and then take another train the following morning of the cruise.

Many thanks for your help

2 Answers Sep 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    • aggiemom21's Profile Photo

direct train ?

by aggiemom21 Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 7:14 AM

is there a direct train from FCO to the port town of Civitavecchia or do we have to travel into Romes Termini Station first then catch the train to Civitavecchia. Also has anyone ever stayed at the B & B called Casamica in Civitavecchia ? we have booked there prior to our cruise on the Noordamn in Oct 2011...
      Thanks..this is going to be an adventure for us, any help will be greatly appreciated

6 Answers Mar 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    • aggiemom21's Profile Photo

direct train ?

by aggiemom21 Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 7:14 AM

is there a direct train from FCO to the port town of Civitavecchia or do we have to travel into Romes Termini Station first then catch the train to Civitavecchia. Also has anyone ever stayed at the B & B called Casamica in Civitavecchia ? we have booked there prior to our cruise on the Noordamn in Oct 2011...
      Thanks..this is going to be an adventure for us, any help will be greatly appreciated

1 Answer Aug 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    • Pre cruise accomodation in Civitavecchia, Italy

by caru63 Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Deciding between:
      Hotel Borgo del Mare
      Sun Park Hotel
      Hotel de la Ville
      My husband and I will be staying one night in October before boarding our cruise and would like to know which of the above hotels is best. THANKS

5 Answers Sep 12, 2011 at 1:06 AM
    • Spending time in Civitavecchia prior to ship's departure

by susan.j.kruger Online Now May 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM

What is the best mode of transportation from the ship to Civitavecchia and what sites are a must?

1 Answer May 31, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    • How do I get from Fiumicino airport to Civitavecchia?

by jerrybergstein Online Now May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Four seniors need a safe and easy way to travel from Fiumicino airport to Civitavecchia to catch a cruise. Is the train best? What is the cost? Do we go through Rome? How far is the train station in Civitavecchia to the port? Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    • Help with cruise lines

by inmaculada31 Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning a Mediterranean cruise in July 2011 with my family, my son 19 and my daughter 14 and i have been wondering which cruise line to choose, I have found one on Holland America Cruise Line for ten days at the same price with Royal Caribbean for 7. Which company is better? Do teenagers go on Holland America? I have found Holland America interesting but I worry that not may young people go on the cruises. By the way any web pages to book cruises? Thanks for your help

7 Answers May 1, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    • civitavecchia train travel

by schupelius Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 8:23 AM

We are a group of 4 adults 2 being late70's. Best way to go from Rome to Cititavecchia and then after the cruise from civitavecchia to Florence via Pisa. Then back to Rome. Looking for best transport and cheapest. With thanks Chris

5 Answers Mar 26, 2011 at 12:41 AM
    • Time to get from cruise ship to train station in Civitavechhia

by TGWNC Online Now Mar 21, 2011 at 9:16 AM

We will be stopping for one day and plan to take the train in from Civitavecchia to Rome. The cruise itinerary says it arrives at 7am. About how long does it take to get from the ship is docked to the entrance of the port? I've read there is a shuttle bus that will do that, and then the walk to the train station is just a few blocks. Is it a good idea to buy train tickets online ahead of time or just wait until we get there? Is there a chance that the earlier times will be sold out? Do the trains generally run on time? THanks for any help.

8 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    • Best car service to FCO

by haltholtz Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 12:33 PM

What is the least expensive (but reliable) car service for transportation to and from FCO and Civitavecchia. Will need transport in June.

1 Answer Mar 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM