Travel Answers
Civitavecchia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Can we join the 2nd leg of a flight without notifying the airline?

by Badowski Online Now May 22, 2015 at 9:46 AM

We have airline tickets from Naples to London via Rome. However we went to Rome mid holiday and so just want to complete the second leg of our journey home (flying from Rome to London). Do we have to contact the airline to let them know that we won't be on the flight Naples to Rome but just on the flight Rome to London?

more
    • Can we join the 2nd leg of a flight without notifying the airline?

by Badowski Online Now May 22, 2015 at 9:46 AM

We have airline tickets from Naples to London via Rome. However we went to Rome mid holiday and so just want to complete the second leg of our journey home (flying from Rome to London). Do we have to contact the airline to let them know that we won't be on the flight Naples to Rome but just on the flight Rome to London?

7 Answers May 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM
    • Best train station to go to after docking in Civitavecchia to head to Venice

by Jen8675309 Online Now Mar 31, 2015 at 6:24 PM

We will be docking in Civitavecchia, from there two of three couples are getting a car service up to Florence to finish their trip. One couple is heading to Venice. Would it make sense to tag along up to Florence and take the train from there to Venice, or head to Rome to take the train. I realize that Rome is closer to the port, but wondering if the craziness there would make for a more difficult commute.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 3:11 AM
    • Astyanax's Profile Photo

Transportation to Le Terme Taurine

by Astyanax Online Now Feb 8, 2015 at 10:55 AM

I will be on a cruise ship in Civitavecchia on a Sunday. I want to visit the Terme Taurine on Via Terme di Traiano in Civitavecchia. I understand that shuttle busses run (or at least used to run) from the train station and the information center to the Terme. Is that still the case and will they be running on a Sunday in May? How often will the busses run and how are they marked? Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • Civitavecchia to the port in Naples by train?

by chicago9 Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We're arriving at the port in Civitavecchia on a Monday morning around 7am and are looking for a train to Naples (ideally near the port). Can anyone recommend a route (with stations/terminal names) for this trip? Are there any direct trains that we could take?

Thanks!

10 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 3:20 AM
    • wheelchair travel on train to Rome

by wcharley Online Now Sep 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Is the above possible with an assistant?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    • Delay in transit from Port to FCO

by Loufortex Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

We arrive in port early AM but our return flight (Fiumicino) is late afternoon. Any suggestions for an interesting way to spend about 3 hours either in Civitavecchia or en route? Remember we will have luggage.

6 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    • bus from cruise port gate to the train station

by rhell10295 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 2:54 PM

where do you pick up the bus from the cruise port to the train station?

9 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • fuimicino airport to civitavecchia

by Feyhan Online Now May 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM

How can I go to Civitavecchia port from Fiumicino airport, by train?

4 Answers May 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

Day trips from Civitavecchia

by MSLIV Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I would like to see some of the countryside and small towns of interest on my way from Civitavecchia to Rome.
      Looking for suggestions, please.
      Liv

5 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Transport around Civitavecchia

by KaytieP Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM

We shall be visiting Civitavecchia on Dec 26th 2013 from a cruise ship.

We do not want to go to Rome. We cannot manage to walk long distances so are wondering if there is any reasonably priced transportation around C itself, such as a tour bus or otherwise can you give me an idea of the cost of taxis.

Also, bearing in mind that this is Boxing Day will there be any places open ?

I presume there will be no market. Will all other places such as museums and coffee shops also be closed ?

Many thanks for any help.

KaytieP

Many thanks

15 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    • Laundromat

by pl_dobson Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM

IS there a Laundromat near the port? We are taking two cruises back to back and would like to wash clothes while in port.

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    • Tours from port Civitavecchia

by Purduepete2 Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Can anyone recommend a good tour company for day tours from the port to Orvieto and Bagnoregio?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    • Catholic Church mass times in Civitavecchia?

by rkohlbre Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Does anyone know the mass times for the Catholic Church and which church if there is more than one in Civitavecchia?

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Cheapest transportation to get from Nice, France to Civitavecchia, Italy around the end of

by 7nellie11 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Need ideas for cheapest transportation from Nice, France to Civitavecchia, Italy sometime between September and December. Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    • tourist guide

by Terry.Redhead Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM

what is there to see

5 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    • Mizzzmel's Profile Photo

Suggestion of most convenient transportation FCO Rome Civitavecchia

by Mizzzmel Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Would you kindly suggest the best way to meet a Celebrity cruise in November, 2013. We will require return transfers preferably by car. We will be arriving one night pre cruise on the 17th of November & also have one night post cruise on 1st of December.

Transfer 1-FCO to Rome hotel 17/11/13
      Transfer 2-Rome to Civitavecchia Port 18/11/13
      Transfer 3- Civitavecchia Port to Rome hotel 01/12/13
      Transfer 4-Rome hotel to FCO 02/12/13
      option Transfer 5-FCO to Civitavecchia port 17/11/13

Much appreciated
      Mel

11 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • One Day Cruise Stop - Day Trip to Rome and Ostia Antica

by EuroDeb Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM

We will stopping at Civitavecchia for one day (approx. 7am to 7pm) on our cruise. We have been to Rome previously, but thought we might try to travel to Ostia Antica by train from Civitavecchia, and then if time allows travel onto Rome for a quick wander around before returning to Civitavecchia. We need some advice on whether this is an achievable plan, and if so, how would we manage it? Any suggestions most appreciated.

4 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    • cruise port to train staion to Naples

by primajudy Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

arriving at cruise port in Civitavecchia, need to get to Naples.
      (1) what is easiest way?
      (2) if train, how do I get from cruise port to correct train to Naples?
      (3) I was thinking of taking luggage bigger than carry on, should I re-think that?
      (4) if you know approximate EURO costs of these rides, please let me know so I do not get taken advantage of as an English speaker only

6 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • Train to Venice

by arlsie Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

How do you suggest we get from the port in Civitavecchia, by private car, to a train station to take the train to Venice? Which train station should we plan on using? Thanks.

10 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • buses

by dcedillo Online Now May 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Do the sightseeing buses come near the port?

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    • Recommendation for overnight accommodation in Civitavecchia?

by kopps1 Online Now May 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive hotel for one night in Civitaveccia for pre-cruise stay? Thanks.

3 Answers May 24, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Train to Trastevere

by pepemorris11 Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Leaving cruise ship early in the morning. How do I make my way to Trastevere station which is enroute to the airport?
      1) How far is the nearest railway station from the cruise terminal? My husband has mobility problems and uses a walking stick. I am the only one dragging one piece of luggage and a haversack. If it is too far, are there free/paying shuttle buses or taxi(?) to get to the nearest station to hit the Rome train?

2) How much is the ticket to Trastevere? staying there for 2 nites before hitting the airport for home

3 ) Ticket machines in English? and user friendly?

Appreciate any help. thanks

8 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • BIRG Day Pass

by NYCinque Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Read abt Trains to & from Rome, from civitavecchia
      Where to purchase 1 Day BIRG pass for 7 adults & 1 3 yr old.
      Are they available online or must get @ train Station
      Can we get off Train @ Roma St Pietro & Return from Roma Termini on round trip ticket
      Website for Local train servicing Port & Roma
      Thanks

6 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    • FCO to Civitavecchia on Oct 19 evening

by dsobul Online Now Sep 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

How can I get from FCO to Civitavecchia? I cannot manage the train?
      D. Sobul

4 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    • train to Ostia

by Highlysociable Online Now Jul 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Hello, We are coming into Civitavecchia on a cruise ship next month, but don't want to go into Rome as we have already been. My husband would like to visit Ostia. How easy is it to get there direct from the port?

Many thanks in advance for your advice

2 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Civitavecchia, day trip

by balramdass Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Coming to C in July 31st from cruise ship.
      Dont really want to go to Rome again so is there much to do in C ? Or even around C.
      We like to see markets, touristy areas, bars etc.
      All suggestions are appreciated.
      Bal

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • Sightseeing outside Civitavecchia

by awheels Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM

We have four days between cruise and flight and we'd like to explore a little beyond C at the beginning of May.
      The challenge is . . . one of us uses a wheelchair (manual, foldable, lightweight, some mobility with assistance).
      Plan is to rent a car in C. and drop off at FCO. Train travel with luggage would be impractical.
      We're seasoned tourists and up for a challenge - but Tarquinia and Ostia look formidable on the YouTube videos I've researched. We love old towns, beautiful countryside, history, culture, food. Would be happy to spend two days here and two days there, if there's things to see and it's reasonably easy getting around.
      Can a VT expert offer suggestions?

3 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • Shuttle/taxi from Civitavecchia port to Fiumicino

by karenam Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi/shuttle service to use to take us from the cruise terminal at Civitavecchia Port to Fiumicino Airport? Also, how long does the journey take approximately?

4 Answers Sep 26, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    • Places to stay at other train stops on the way to Civitavecchia

by ikelmay Online Now Sep 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Hi all, just a question for anyone who might know the coastal area around Civitavecchia.

We are taking the train from Roma to CVT the evening before our cruise - I'm finding a chunk of accommodation in Civitavecchia is full - does anyone know if there are any of the small towns and villages on the railway line on the way there that might have a nice B&B that would be recommended? We would get off the train earlier and then take another train the following morning of the cruise.

Many thanks for your help

2 Answers Sep 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    • aggiemom21's Profile Photo

direct train ?

by aggiemom21 Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 7:14 AM

is there a direct train from FCO to the port town of Civitavecchia or do we have to travel into Romes Termini Station first then catch the train to Civitavecchia. Also has anyone ever stayed at the B & B called Casamica in Civitavecchia ? we have booked there prior to our cruise on the Noordamn in Oct 2011...
      Thanks..this is going to be an adventure for us, any help will be greatly appreciated

6 Answers Mar 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM