Civitanova Marche Travel Answers

change location

Transfer between Ancona Airport and Civitanova Marche

by Koshka_ru Online Now May 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Hi!
We are going to Civitanova Marche in August ang are flying to Ancona. Does anyone know the approximate price for the transfer/taxi between these two places? Preferably if you also know if they charge additionally for a child seat (in this case - how much could that cost).
We got an offer from our hotel and there it would cost 40 Euro one way (but we didn´t discuss child seat yet) - do you think it is a reasonable price for this kind of service in Italy?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Kind regards,
Koshka_ru

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • white_smallstar's Profile Photo

Re: Transfer between Ancona Airport and Civitanova Marche

by white_smallstar Online Now May 21, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The distance between Civitanova and Ancona is around 45 km, so according to m, the price is not bad at all.
    Just yesterday in Levanto (Cinque Terre – Italy) in front of the station, I saw a sign with the fixed fee for a taxi from the train station to any accommodation in the centre and it is 10€ for a short drive.
    However train is the cheapest way (3,30€ for a local train – 7€ for an intercity train) but then you have to reach the airport.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now May 21, 2012 at 4:07 AM

there is a bus leaving airport to Station at
    06.53 08.45 09.45 10.15 10.45 11.15 12.15 12.45 13.45 14.15 14.45 15.45 16.45 17.45 18.45 20.50 21.55 23.30
    trip takes 15 minutes

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now May 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM

If the cost is 40 euro for the trip and not 40 euro per person, then I agree that this is a fair fare, so to speak.

When making your decision, remember to balance cost versus convenience, especially as you have a child who presumably can't carry any luggage so you have more luggage than normal...oh, and not lose the child in the process...

Hotel ride: picks you up at airport and takes you direct to hotel. Driver (probably) handles the luggage.

Public transportation: taxi or bus from airport to train station in Ancona. Train (or bus) from Ancona station to Civitanova Marche station. Taxi (unless hotel is very close) from CM station to your hotel. In each case, you two handle the luggage for the three of you.

Add all the fares up with option #2 and compare it to option #1, and if indeed the hotel shuttle is 40 euro for all three of you, it is a bargain...

Bill

• xaver's Profile Photo

by xaver Online Now May 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM

As the others say, if this is not a price per person, it is a great deal. I live in Porto Recanati which is about 15 kilometers before civitanova from ancona and regular taxi fare is 60 euro. For the child seat, ask, as when I asked, a taxi driver told me in taxis they can stay with parents, I really have no idea if this is true or not though it seems strange to me that a normal car must have a child seat and a taxi mustn't.
    Corra

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Civitanova Marche