Ciudad del Este Travel Answers

change location

How to get to Pedro Juan caballero from Ciudad del este

by pepete Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hello, how do I get from Ciudad del este to Pedro Juan caballero? can you go by car? what is the distance in km?

thank you!!

pepete

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: How to get to Pedro Juan caballero from Ciudad del este

by cassiovieggore Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Pedro Juan Caballero is around 576Km far from Ciudad del Este by paved road in Brazil. Pedro Juan Caballero is a Ponta Porã neighbouring city. And Foz do Iguaçu is a Ciudad del Este neighbouring city.
    So if you cross the Ponte da Amizade (Friendship Bridge) heading to Foz do Iguaçu bus station you will start your journey.
    Here below is the brazilian link showing you the names of brazilian bus companies serving Foz do Iguaçu and Dourados (Mato Grosso do Sul state):

appweb.antt.gov.br/sgp/src.b...

Dourados is 117Km far from Ponta Porã (Mato do Grosso do Sul state). And the below link will show you the brazilian bus company name that serves Dourados and Pedro Juan Caballero:

http://200.225.218.169/cgi-bin/br4v.cgi

I believe you will need to be authorized to come in brazilian land. Ponta Porã and Pedro Juan Caballero are now towns that smugglers go by often and brazilian police is checking Ponta Porã neighborhood in order to minimize traffic and crimes.
    Of course you may go from Foz do Iguaçu to Pedro Juan Caballero by car. However it's a expensiver transportation.

I am pasteing below some interesting links concerned in my idea:

pontapora.ms.gov.br/amplia_i...

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeropo...

Pedro Juan Caballero and Ponta Porã have tax-free shopping around (both governments legitimized it). Trade there is big enough and I believe chineses are taking advantage of free shops to sell fine.
    Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Nancemd's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Pedro Juan caballero from Ciudad del este

by Nancemd Online Now Nov 28, 2012 at 5:17 AM

About 500 km far, you can go by bus

• Nancemd's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Pedro Juan caballero from Ciudad del este

by Nancemd Online Now Nov 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Ah, paved road, by car or bus. about 500 km.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ciudad del Este