Ciudad Acuña

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Acuna

by digscompany Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Does anyone have information on the safety in Cuidad Acuna?

4 Answers Mar 26, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • Acuna Safety; things to do?

by cpstraveler Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 3:22 PM

I am traveling to Acuna over Labor Day weekend with my girlfriend. From the reviews we have read, it sounds like a great border town with plenty of shopping and mexican food and other things to do. We will be spending 1.5 days there. My only real concern is safety. I have continued to read about all of the gang problems in Nuevo Laredo but I do not know much about Acuna. Can anyone tell me anything with regards to safety or crime? Any suggestions on what to do? Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 3, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    • not the cleavers

by fiskadoro1 Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 7:15 PM

howdy:
      family[3 yr old, 14, and couple] going to Acuna for 1 or 2 nights.
      hotel san antonio? patio cafe w/ good food, cold beer? parking in US? activities aside from eating and drinking? we would love to stay out at night w/ kids and cocktails. we want to be safe, but not too close to Texas Tech students vomiting on the bar. is there a cool patio and a safe hotel? or should we sleep in the states and make it a day trip? we will be there nov 22 or so.
      thanks in advance
      b

2 Answers Nov 16, 2006 at 11:27 AM
    • Latest travel info for Acuna?

by frelling Online Now Oct 4, 2006 at 4:40 PM

My wife and I are heading to the Davis Mountains this month and I was planning to stop in Acuna on the way. I intended to stay in Acuna for the convenience - probably the San Antonio - but my wife is worried due to gang activity on the border. I looked all over the internet and found one newspaper article about a murder/shootout back in May or June that was drug related but it wasn't anywhere near the tourist areas. If that is the worst crime they have Acuna is a lot safer than San Antonio, TX. I also found some recent postings that the locals were a little irritated with the recent immigration laws and werent quite as friendly as usual. I figure if we don't act obnoxious everything will be fine and we will have a great time. Anyone been down there recently and if so what are things like?
      Thanks!!

4 Answers Oct 7, 2006 at 4:52 PM
    • Shopping

by txgrma Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 7:22 AM

What are the shopping opportunities like there?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2006 at 4:03 PM
    • Need help fast

by Lest1234 Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 7:56 AM

We are planning to travel to Acuna Mexico and then on to Progreso Mexico this weekend. We heard from an acquaintance that gangs are bad in Acuna and that one of their friends was robbed at gunpoint and they jacked her car. Has anyone visited lately? We are going to doctor/dental visits.

3 Answers Sep 5, 2007 at 10:01 AM
    • Need information!

by stayingsecret Online Now Apr 20, 2005 at 8:12 PM

Anybody who has been, please tell me all about it. I have never been out of the U.S and need all the tips, hints, and travel info I can get. Going this summer to Acuna!

13 Answers Aug 22, 2005 at 4:17 PM