City of Manila

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Furniture for Condo

City of Manila Apr 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Where would you suggest getting contemporary furniture for a condo in the Sta Mesa area? I am looking for a bed, dining set, shelves, window air conditioners and refrigerator. I have been to the basement in Shangrila Mall and I know there are at least 2 good furniture stores there. Any other ones worth visiting?

more
    • Furniture store near Quezon City for a recliner

Manila Apr 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM

My Grandfather lives in Quezon City (We live in the US) and are looking for a furniture store near his residence where we can order a lifting recliner and have it delivered to his house. Any help?

more
    • roblesrogelio's Profile Photo

Money exchange rate?

City of Manila Apr 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Anyone know the exchange rate right now in the Philippines ? If anyone has exchanged any money recently i would be exchanging U.S. dollars btw.

more
    • DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

Ninoy Aquino International Airport to Makati BSA Tower hotel

Manila Apr 17, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Is there a train or bus i can take from the airport to BSA tower hotel in makati? Or do i need to take a cab?

more
    • 1 year rent in Mezza

City of Manila Apr 1, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I am looking for a 2 bedroom unit in SMDC Mezza. Must be no higher than 15th floor and not facing Aurora.
      Willing to pay up to 2 months advance and a 2 months deposit. NO POST DATED CHECKS!
      Units should be bare or semi furnished with no beds or sofa. If furnished, beds and sofa must be removed.

Ready to rent May 15 or June 1 2014.

email or PM me or answer this post. I will check it regularly.

more

Safe or sorry?

Manila Apr 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Over the past few weeks people have been telling me some very bad things about safety in Manila. Some even said that to be careful when walking out of airport and going in taxis in the night as people mug you and take all your money. Sould i be worried? Any tips on safety?

more

Chef Jessie

Manila Apr 16, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Looking for restaurants in Manila worth visiting. Came across Chef Jessie online and the menu looks quite good. Is it pricey? How much will it be for 2 people for main meal alone?

Also, which location should i go to out of the below loations?

Chef Jessie Rockwell Club
      Ground Level, Amorsolo Square,
      Amorsolo Drive, Rockwell Center,
      Makati City, Philippines

Chef Jessie Top of The City
      34th Floor, Citibank Tower
      8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Philippines

more

Hidden valley tour

Makati Yesterday

I was going thru Tripadvosirs top things to do in Manila and the above suggestion came up. However the tour proces are quite exorbidant! I prefer to go there on my own with Husband if possible. So i googled the location to this place from my hotel and this is what came up

Driving directions to Hidden Valley Springs

BSA Tower
      Legaspi Park View, 134 Legazpi Street
      Makati 1229, Philippines
      1. Head east on Legazpi Street toward Dela Rosa Street
      66 m
      2. Turn left onto Dela Rosa Street
      400 m
      3. Turn left onto Don Carlos Palanca
      Destination will be on the right
      170 m

Hidden Valley Springs
      Ground Floor, Cattleya Gardens, 111 Carlos Palanca Jr. Street, Legaspi Village 1229
      Philippines

Basically its only a short walk from my hotel in Makati. Have i got the wrong hidden valley springs??

more
    • littleman's Profile Photo

Around Manila

Manila Apr 12, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi guys,i am thinking of travelling to Manila for a couple of months.I have been there before and looking for information on trips around Manila.I am not a beach person, so I am quite happy to look out over Manila bay.I am interested in WW2 sites, WW2 museums,travelling to Vigan and also working out at a gym in Manila.Does anyone know if Fitness First or Golds Gym in Makati have boxing equipment?or another gym?can I rent some gloves? as I do not wish to pack my own.I would also like attending some sporting events example boxing,stick fighting,womens sports, etc.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • 1 month stay in Manila

Manila Mar 26, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Can you help me find a place to stay for 1 month in Manila, Pasay, Makati? we are 4 people. our budget is from 10,000 to 15,000.00 ONLY. it could be a hotel, apratment or a condo unit. Thanks!

more
    • Where to stay between Baguio City and Manila

Manila Apr 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi

I will be travelling by bus between Baguio City and Manilla. I need to stop somewhere overnight so I can make my flight the next day from Manila, I need to be in Manila by 11am. My travelling partner doesn't want to stay in Manila.

Can someone recommend a few options of towns to stay at that are on/near the bus route?

Thanks!

more

Anyone know of any cheap places to stay?

Manila Apr 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

looking for a hotel or motel by the universities in manila? Philippine women university i think that's what its called maybe somewhere close but if not somewhere easy enough to get to the uni.
      Visiting a friend soon but not sure on the prices.

more

Popular City of Manila Travel Answer Locations

Hidden valley tour

Makati Yesterday

I was going thru Tripadvosirs top things to do in Manila and the above suggestion came up. However the tour proces are quite exorbidant! I prefer to go there on my own with Husband if possible. So i googled the location to this place from my hotel and this is what came up

Driving directions to Hidden Valley Springs

BSA Tower
      Legaspi Park View, 134 Legazpi Street
      Makati 1229, Philippines
      1. Head east on Legazpi Street toward Dela Rosa Street
      66 m
      2. Turn left onto Dela Rosa Street
      400 m
      3. Turn left onto Don Carlos Palanca
      Destination will be on the right
      170 m

Hidden Valley Springs
      Ground Floor, Cattleya Gardens, 111 Carlos Palanca Jr. Street, Legaspi Village 1229
      Philippines

Basically its only a short walk from my hotel in Makati. Have i got the wrong hidden valley springs??

7 Answers 18 hours ago

Anyone know of any cheap places to stay?

Manila Apr 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

looking for a hotel or motel by the universities in manila? Philippine women university i think that's what its called maybe somewhere close but if not somewhere easy enough to get to the uni.
      Visiting a friend soon but not sure on the prices.

16 Answers 5 hours ago

Money exchange rate?

City of Manila Apr 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Anyone know the exchange rate right now in the Philippines ? If anyone has exchanged any money recently i would be exchanging U.S. dollars btw.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Ninoy Aquino International Airport to Makati BSA Tower hotel

Manila Apr 17, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Is there a train or bus i can take from the airport to BSA tower hotel in makati? Or do i need to take a cab?

3 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • Furniture for Condo

City of Manila Apr 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Where would you suggest getting contemporary furniture for a condo in the Sta Mesa area? I am looking for a bed, dining set, shelves, window air conditioners and refrigerator. I have been to the basement in Shangrila Mall and I know there are at least 2 good furniture stores there. Any other ones worth visiting?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • Where to stay between Baguio City and Manila

Manila Apr 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi

I will be travelling by bus between Baguio City and Manilla. I need to stop somewhere overnight so I can make my flight the next day from Manila, I need to be in Manila by 11am. My travelling partner doesn't want to stay in Manila.

Can someone recommend a few options of towns to stay at that are on/near the bus route?

Thanks!

12 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Chef Jessie

Manila Apr 16, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Looking for restaurants in Manila worth visiting. Came across Chef Jessie online and the menu looks quite good. Is it pricey? How much will it be for 2 people for main meal alone?

Also, which location should i go to out of the below loations?

Chef Jessie Rockwell Club
      Ground Level, Amorsolo Square,
      Amorsolo Drive, Rockwell Center,
      Makati City, Philippines

Chef Jessie Top of The City
      34th Floor, Citibank Tower
      8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Philippines

6 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Safe or sorry?

Manila Apr 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Over the past few weeks people have been telling me some very bad things about safety in Manila. Some even said that to be careful when walking out of airport and going in taxis in the night as people mug you and take all your money. Sould i be worried? Any tips on safety?

5 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM
    • littleman's Profile Photo

Around Manila

Manila Apr 12, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi guys,i am thinking of travelling to Manila for a couple of months.I have been there before and looking for information on trips around Manila.I am not a beach person, so I am quite happy to look out over Manila bay.I am interested in WW2 sites, WW2 museums,travelling to Vigan and also working out at a gym in Manila.Does anyone know if Fitness First or Golds Gym in Makati have boxing equipment?or another gym?can I rent some gloves? as I do not wish to pack my own.I would also like attending some sporting events example boxing,stick fighting,womens sports, etc.
      Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    • Furniture store near Quezon City for a recliner

Manila Apr 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM

My Grandfather lives in Quezon City (We live in the US) and are looking for a furniture store near his residence where we can order a lifting recliner and have it delivered to his house. Any help?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM
    • 1 year rent in Mezza

City of Manila Apr 1, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I am looking for a 2 bedroom unit in SMDC Mezza. Must be no higher than 15th floor and not facing Aurora.
      Willing to pay up to 2 months advance and a 2 months deposit. NO POST DATED CHECKS!
      Units should be bare or semi furnished with no beds or sofa. If furnished, beds and sofa must be removed.

Ready to rent May 15 or June 1 2014.

email or PM me or answer this post. I will check it regularly.

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    • 1 month stay in Manila

Manila Mar 26, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Can you help me find a place to stay for 1 month in Manila, Pasay, Makati? we are 4 people. our budget is from 10,000 to 15,000.00 ONLY. it could be a hotel, apratment or a condo unit. Thanks!

10 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • How do I commute to Gil Puyat Ave. (Brgy San Isidro) from Ortigas Ave.?

Manila Mar 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I got on a bus before on Gil Puyat with "Ortigas Ilalim" card then got off at Robinsons Galleria. Now how do I get to Gil Puyat from Galleria? What bus should I take from Galleria area to Puyat?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • friend to go to the red ligth district

Makati Feb 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

how likely it is, that i can find a bar hopping body at any 3 star hotel in makati. i don't drink
      and i've never been in one. may be it is not a good idea to go alone, especially being my
      first visit to the phillippines.

any idea ? thanks for your help

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    • Rent Studio/1bd.room -Long term- Taguig

Manila Feb 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Hi All,
      There is a working and living possibility in the Philippines/Manila from Maj this year. I am looking for a cosy Studio or 1 bedroom apartment in or near Taguig city- McKinley Hills. I am afraid I can not afford more than 15,000-20,000 PhP/month for it. Could you please let me know your thoughts, opinions regarding the conception above? Any other areas beside Taguig can come into question which is 'near' but not far from/to let's say McKinley Hills-Taguig? I would not like to spend hours with travelling in crazy traffic jam each day. :) but I know that Taquig is not the cheapest part of Manila. MAny thanks for your responses in advance.

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • 24/7 places

City of Manila Feb 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Anyone know any places that are open 24h within the entire Merto Manila area?

Thanks

4 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Where to stay?

Manila Feb 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I will be travelling to Manila in September. Where would be the best location to stay during this time? im planning on staying at Tune hotels and these are the locations they have

Ermita, Manila
      Makati, Manila

Do you recommend i stay in multiple areas on just one? Didnt really check on the attractions yet and also i hope to go out a lot to any good restaurants/pubs etc. please advise.

19 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    • Nemorino's Profile Photo

Original German Döner?

Manila Feb 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Is it true that there is a shop in Manila called "bamm" which sells "Original German Döner"?

4 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • LaylenP's Profile Photo

Short Vaca in Manila in March

Makati Feb 2, 2014 at 1:32 AM

hai all

I'll becoming to manila with family including 2 kids parentsyears old and my sisters.

i was thinking to stay in makati. I was looking for an apartment or condos that could accomodate the whole family. For 2 bed rooms attached with living room and simple kitchenette would be fine for us.

Any area that just too far from shopping mall, restaurant and the attractions places. Safe to walk day and nite times. Easy to find Local food.

I found one greenbelt hotelits attached with shopping mall and quite nice and reliable for first timer tourist. Also notice there is restaurant along the street. Any hotel in between?

Touch down from Kota Kinabalu in noon time, please advise registered and reliable cab or transportation that could accomodate whole family8

Looking forward to hear from the expertise!^^

Cheers!
      Laylen D

5 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • Arrival at 1 am in Manila. connection to PPS at 10am

Manila Jan 22, 2014 at 1:34 AM

What can i do between 1 am and 10 am? I know the airport is not a good place to stay.
      Also could be get a place to store or luggage, or do you recommend packing light?

8 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • balfor's Profile Photo

Last minute meet up?

Manila Jan 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I'll be in Manila Friday and Saturday (Jan 24/25) with my wife. It would be pretty cool to meet up with some folks but I don't have a specific place in mind. Also, would Friday or Saturday be better for a meeting?

facebook.com/groups/17246288...

7 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • Looking for suggestions for attractions outside Manila - Feb!

Manila Jan 17, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Hello!

I am looking for some information/suggestions for visiting places just outside Manila, maybe within 2-3hrs drive. Interested in natural attractions, such as mountains, volcano, scenic lakes, small islands, etc., I am planning it as a day trip if it possible for a max of 3 days. After this I am planning to head to Palawan for few days.

Thanks! :)

9 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • Manilla to Bontoc by Bus

Manila Jan 13, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Hello,
      Would you be so kind to help me finding out how to go from Manilla to Bontoc by bus?
      I heard about "Cable Tour", but don't know how to call them.
      Thanks a lot for your time guys :-)

3 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • Living near in Mall of Asia

Manila Jan 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I am planning to buy a house near in the Mall of Asia, for about 15 minutes away drive. Is it safe? because many are told that in the long run, that area is not safe especially that area was before covered by water (sea).

Im almost near for retirement.

Please help i need your advise.

Kindly send me your answer direct to my email address: arnold_mendoza04323@yahoo.com / mendozaa@sabic.com

Thanks & Regards

4 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    • Ayala Triangle Lights

Makati Jan 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Until when will the lights at ayala triangle be open?

1 Answer Jan 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

means of transport

Manila Jan 1, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Hello everyone,

I'll be in Manila in 2 months and I kindly ask for some suggestions on how to get reliable and good transportation from MNL airport like bus, metro, etc. I consider to leave taxi as last resort due cab drivers usually try to rip foreigners off with expensive fares. Thank you

6 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    • KimW33's Profile Photo

Hotel & Tour

Manila Dec 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I will be visiting Manila in March 2014. Can someone suggest a reliable tour operator to book some local tours. Is it safe to walk around Intramous on your own and which is the best hotel?

6 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    • currency best to use

Manila Dec 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Its my first visit. Is it better to pay in U.S currency, Peso, credit card etc. for good deals. And is jewelry something you would shop for there.

5 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    • peso coins

Manila Dec 8, 2013 at 2:21 AM

is there a limit to how many peso coins i can bring threw the airport?

9 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    • MANILA TO DIPOLOG FARE

Manila Dec 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM

HOW MUCH IS THE TICKET MANILA TO DIPOLOG BY SHIP

3 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM