Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular City of Banjul Travel Answer Locations

• Staying in Serrekunda

City of Banjul Mar 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hi
      I have been invited by a good friend to go and visit him in Serrekunda, I know he would look after me well,but im trying to do as much research about the place as i can, so any information anyone as would be a great help. Would a white girl be welcomed? I know it would be a huge culture shock but ive not seen my friend in 5 years and it would be a great experience. Travelling alone is also a big worry. Any advice pllleeaase! Thanks, Emma

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    • local tours for cruisers

Banjul Jan 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM

hello--we arrive banjul 3/25/11 via cruise ship for 1 day--ship tours SO expensive--are there local tour operators/ taxis on pier to take passengers to area sites? is it safe to do it? are US$ accepted?--thanks

2 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 2:39 AM
    • Eating Out

City of Banjul Aug 30, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Hi I am thinking of holidaying in the Gambia next March. As The Gambia's main religion is Muslim do the restaurants serve Pork products as in Turkey and not in Egypt.

As the only meats I eat are Chicken and Pork I find this a little restrictive when eating out.

Thanks Danny

2 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    • staying in Serrekunda

City of Banjul Jul 30, 2009 at 5:11 AM

I have met a lady on the internet, who has invited me to come to Serrekunda for a holiday, I would be able to stay at her house, would this be safe to do.
      I am a white english man

6 Answers Jul 31, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    • JonKay's Profile Photo

Weather

City of Banjul May 13, 2008 at 5:06 AM

Why do the main tour operators in the UK stop serving the Gambia between end April and start November? Is it really just too hot for a fair skinned person like me? Would You advise going anyway? Thanks, Jon.

9 Answers May 14, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    • toafrica's Profile Photo

Travelling to The Gambia.

City of Banjul Feb 19, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Hi, I and a friend are travelling to The Gambia within the next month. We would like to find out about accomodation as we want to move away from the coast. I heard of a site called africania which promotes sustainable tourism, but the site is now under construction. Does anybody know how to contact the people behind the site, such as an email?
      We are also on a budget, would 150 pounds a week see us right? Also, we wanted to head north to Kaolack and maybe Dakar, what sort of travel times would be normal to Dakar via the cheapest or fastest possible mode of transport?
      One other question, we've been looking for information on how to decide what to pay if asked for road tax. As it may happen that we might be left waiting until we pay, would travelling with a guide avoid this?

Its a bunch of questions and more might follow, but if your guys could answer even some of them, it would help alot.

Many thanks in advance.

:D.

7 Answers Feb 26, 2008 at 9:35 AM
    • toafrica's Profile Photo

Travelling to The Gambia.

Banjul Feb 19, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Hi, I and a friend are travelling to The Gambia within the next month. We would like to find out about accomodation as we want to move away from the coast. I heard of a site called africania which promotes sustainable tourism, but the site is now under construction. Does anybody know how to contact the people behind the site, such as an email?
      We are also on a budget, would 150 pounds a week see us right? Also, we wanted to head north to Kaolack and maybe Dakar, what sort of travel times would be normal to Dakar via the cheapest or fastest possible mode of transport?
      One other question, we've been looking for information on how to decide what to pay if asked for road tax. As it may happen that we might be left waiting until we pay, would travelling with a guide avoid this?

Its a bunch of questions and more might follow, but if your guys could answer even some of them, it would help alot.

Many thanks in advance.

:D.

• Budget

Banjul Oct 26, 2007 at 2:51 AM

Hi All,

Just some advice, myself and my best friend are travelling on 6th November for a week half board at Senegambia, Im still not sure how much cash I will need to take, the Rough guide said allow for £200 a week based on 3 weeks with having to pay for B&B's.

I was going to take around £200 in cash and £150 in travellers cheques, is this going to be way to much money, we would like to do some excursions and eat out / party most nights as well.

Thanks,
      Alex

1 Answer Nov 2, 2007 at 11:44 AM
    • registered charity number

Banjul Jul 11, 2007 at 1:23 PM

we were at kololi in february and hope to go back next feb. we took over clothes toys pens pencils school jotters etc. we gave some to a school in banjul and a nursery in kololi. we hope to bring more when we go back and we were wondering how to go about getting a registered charity number so as we can take extra luggage with us as we already have collected a lot of stuff. any help would be gratefully appreciated. thanks

7 Answers Dec 23, 2007 at 9:37 AM
    • antonkelly's Profile Photo

Re: Flights from Gatwick to Banjul

Banjul Apr 23, 2007 at 5:02 AM

Hi there,

my mother owns a house in The Gambia.
      She fly's out about 6 or 7 times a year, each time costing her around £500 pounds, with The Gambian Experience.
      Can anyone recommned any companies/websites/phone numbers, to get the cost of these flights cheaper?

Thanks for your time,

Anton

3 Answers Nov 5, 2007 at 2:32 AM
    • Trip

Banjul Dec 3, 2005 at 6:10 PM

I am looking for information on your city, this will be my first time to Africa.
      My family and I will be visting next year.

tureaca3

2 Answers Dec 20, 2005 at 8:13 AM
    • geordiebutcher's Profile Photo

Two weeks in The Gambia

Banjul Oct 3, 2005 at 3:52 PM

Hi,
      My wife and I are spending two weeks at the hotel Corinthia Atlantic 4-18th January 2005, we would like to do some fishing (sea and river)does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to hire a boat + crew for a days fishing at sea? also would I be able to hire a boat for river fishing/exploring up river?. We would also like to travel inland away from the usual tourist areas to see the "real" gambian people,does anyone have any ideas how we go about getting a reliable guide and how much would he/she cost per day?. We are both fairly active so we are not looking for comfort, just a slice of the "real" Gambia.Any information at all would be a great help.
      Regards John

5 Answers Dec 20, 2005 at 12:48 AM
    • Beaches?

Banjul Jul 31, 2005 at 10:42 AM

My girlfriend and i have booked a week in Banjul staying at hotel called corinthia atalantic, we are looking for a combination of interesting stuff to do with a couple of days of lounging enjoying each others company.

With the latter in mind could anyone recomend any good beaches?

5 Answers Feb 10, 2006 at 8:11 AM
    • Visa and Hotel

Banjul Jan 31, 2005 at 4:49 AM

hi I am from karachi , my question is that i have visa's of banjul, gambia but they are about to expire so i want to increase my visa's so that i can have my bussiness trip to banjul......i would also be appricated to have guide about cheap hotels at banjul near city centre...and i also want to ask about the deport polisy of banjul ?

1 Answer Jan 31, 2005 at 7:00 AM
    • phvdm's Profile Photo

Practical questions about The Gambia

Banjul Jul 31, 2004 at 7:19 AM

- who can advise me a reliable male or female guide who can show me round in The Gambia ? How and where can we meet him/her ? Please not a bumster of hustler as they are called over there. - what type of plug sockets are used in The Gambia ? It is the British type (three flat pins) or the European type (2 round pins) ? In other words do we need to bring plug adapters with us ?

8 Answers Nov 5, 2004 at 11:44 AM