Cirebon Travel Answers

change location

travelling to cirebon from bandung

by goofyjar Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Hi there! We are planning to discover the fishing villages of Cirebon and batik makers along the North java coast end of august. Hoping to get some advice on transport from Bandung to Cirebon. Is there a train from bandung to Cirebon? We are arriving in bandung at noon and would like to travel to Cirebon immediately. Kindly advise ;-)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: travelling to cirebon from bandung

by theo1006 Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Hi,

The train schedules are available on this website:
    http://infoka.kereta-api.com

I find there only one train daily from Bandung to Cirebon (travelling via Cikampek to Cirebon and from there to Tegal, Pekalongan and Semarang):

HARINA
    Fares Bandung - Cirebon : Executive Fare - Rp. 60.000
    TIMETABLES:
    KA 45/48 Departs: 20.30 (Bandung) Arrives: 00.23 (Cirebon)

Not a convenient time for you, so I think you should look for a intercity bus. I'm sorry I can't inform you about these.

Cheers,
    Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: travelling to cirebon from bandung

by DSwede Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 12:32 AM

I also cannot give specific information about the buses, but I do remember when I was in Cirebon buses ran with much more frequency.

I traveled on the train as noted in the post above. It was only slightly more comfortable than the bus for the length of the trip. But the time schedule was not convenient at all.

Once you arrive in Cirebon, I recommend you barter with a local tricycle driver to take you around unless you have other arrangements.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines