Cirebon Travel Answers

change location

cirebon

by trusmibatik Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 4:25 AM

my wife and i want to visit cirebon to see some batik.we thought we would take the argo lawu from solo to cirebon(does the argo lawu still stop in cirebon??)
we would spend 3-4 days there.what is a reasonable priced hotel?where are the best places to see batik.what is the best way to travel back to jogja,kereta taksaka,bis malam or maybe a door to door mini-bus.
any advice will be greatly appreciated.does anyone know where the old "zuiker proef station (sugar research station)was located.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • skyb88's Profile Photo

cirebon

by skyb88 Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Solo-Cirebon not so far around 5 hours by car
    Don't know how much is reasonable priced for you
    As I know mostly people in Cirebon know where you can go to traditional trusmi batik market
    You can ask at the hotel
    Should try traditional cirebon food - Empal Gentong Mang Dharma (curry soup)
    Not far from Cirebon, you can see beautiful ciremai mountain & rice field or sulfur spa
    The area is in Linggar Jati, Cilimus

Have a nice trip,
    Rini

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: cirebon

by DSwede Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 6:58 AM

This post caused me to revisit one of my pages. When I originally constructed my page, there was no Cirebon in the data base... but I've moved my page accordingly now.

Try the Santika Hotel, for65/night. Honestly its the best thing within 100km.

Best way to Jogja from Cirebon is a train. If I remember correctly, it was ~5hrs.

• Re: cirebon

by trusmibatik Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 4:06 AM

hi Rini,

thank you for your reply. it is interesting and helpful. actually, i was born in cirebon, banyak tahun yang lalu.(1936)
    i want to visit it again simply tempo dulu.

bernard

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines