Cincinnati

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tickets for Eagles concert

by cmarlene Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Is It better to be close to stage seating, but high or back section on floor? I want to purchase tickets for 2 sons and spouses for Christmas presents.

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    • driving choices

by westbird Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

hi, going to cincy this weekend, coming in east on i 74 to go to holiday inn eastgate around 5pm and is south 275 or north 275 or driving into downtow and picking up the road to batavia , which way of those 3 choices is the best way to go , looking at a map it looks like all ways to eastgate from the west look similar, thanks

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Tour guide--Relocating

by marylander36 Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

My husband and I are considering relocating to Cincinnati.

We are looking for a tour-guide for both a sightseeing and neighborhoods type tour?

Thank you for your help!
      Kim

1 Answer Jun 25, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    • Newport, KY to Cincinnatti

by rgiddings54 Online Now Aug 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I'm looking for cheapest transportation from Newport riverfront to greyhound station in Cincinnatti

1 Answer Aug 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Help for a weekend - central without car, taxi ok

by nomad7890 Online Now May 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am meeting a friend in Cincinnati and need to plan a few activites but without a car. Objective is to have some place to chat, while doing a little sight seeing. Would also enjoy attending mass at the St. Peter in Chains Cathedral ... so - please keep in mind distance- taxi ok, public transp. ok too.

- what is a good place to stay (I saw the Marriott, is this in an OK neighborhood?) - or a similar place

- What is a good breakfast/brunch place? I think a big lunch would be good.

- Looked at Eden park for a stroll - are there nice quiet places but not too secluded places to sit there?

- What about Carew Tower?

- How far is the ball park from there - and is it open daily for tours?

- How far is the Union Terminal from there - I just want to see the building.

- What would be a nice but inexpensive place for dinner? American food, steak OK - nice, not stuffy, and most of all, fairly quiet - need to be able to have a good conversation.

- What would you recommend after dinner?

ok, too many questions. Don't want to make it too busy, mainly have a little activity, lots of opportunity to sit down and chat with as little heat and as much peace and quiet as possible, and a nice inexpensive meal at the end.

• New -ish to area

by Cokie Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Would this be a conducive place to conduct an early business dinner meeting
      with my boss of 3.5 years?
      I am a work-aholic and tend not to get out much. I want to have the
      meeting on my terms in a neutral place. My boss and I are on good terms.
      But want to have a quiet thoughtful conversation about business
      in more than the usual mid-chain setting.

• Breakfast with the Characters at Kings Island

by jekyllandhans Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hello, what do you guys think about Kings Island at Mason? My family and I are planning to go there and we have little kids with us. I went to their website and saw Breakfast with the Characters. The cost for Adult meal is13.9 and7.99 for Jr/Sr. It runs from 9:00am until 10:30am. There is also one complimentary photo with the characters. Considering park food is more expensive than food outside of the park, isn't this a good deal?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    • ladymd's Profile Photo

cincinnati to columbus

by ladymd Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Hi. It's gonna be my first time in cincinnati, will be staying at motel 6 near the Jewish Hospital. What is the most affordable way to travel from there to columbus airport on a weekday? Will be travelling to Philadelphia via Southwest air. Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    • State parks and hill stations near Cincinnati

by tintin99 Online Now May 8, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Hi:

I would like to know if there are any good state parks or hill stations near Cincinnati. I would be staying for a week in Cincinnati and i can make only day trips. I need to return back to Cincinnati by late evening. I had visited all the museums in Cincinnati when i visited last time and i'm more keen on visiting scenic places this time. Any suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Answers May 10, 2008 at 3:11 AM
    • Accomodations with good pool

by baberuth Online Now May 7, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Visiting Cincinnat in June and looking for a hotel with a good pool - We are visiting friends who live in Milford as well as Silverton so that side of town is best.

Has anyone been to the Great Wolf Suites and Waterpark in Mason? What is it like? Also, how far is Mason from Milford?

Thanks! Ruth

1 Answer Jul 28, 2008 at 10:07 AM
    • roco_mx's Profile Photo

1 week in Cincinnati...advise on fun things to do

by roco_mx Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Hi VTs, I work for GE in Mexico and will be spending one week in mid april (19-27) in Cincinnati, visiting GE's plant in Evendale with two other workmates. This will be our first time in OH, and I wanted to ask for a couple of things:

- What are some cool pubs/bars to get an after-work drink?
      - Do you know of any salsa club in the Cinci area?
      - What malls would you recommend for a visit (looking for A&F, AE, GAP, kind of stores)?
      - Is there any amusement park within driving distance?
      - What other tips could you give to 3 late-20s mexican engineers to have a good time while in Cincinnati?

thanks a lot.

Rodrigo.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2008 at 5:40 AM
    • What is up with the flying pigs in Cincinatti?

by blackft Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 7:49 AM

I get why there are pigs everywhere; Cincinatti was very heavily involved in the pork industry. But why are they flying pigs?

I was told by someone that way back when, there was a barge floating through Cincinatti with a load of pigs going toward the slaughterhouse. There was substancial fog that day and it made it look as if the pigs were flying through the city. My Aunt said it was a nice story, but probably untrue and I cannot find anything on line to corroborate what I've heard.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 4:53 PM
    • siovino's Profile Photo

Firsti time in Cincinnati! Help!

by siovino Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Hi, next August I'll be for two months in cinci to work at University.
      It's my first experience in US. Can you tell me all about the city life? for example what about bus/subway, house price, night fun, day fun, trips, parks to have fitness, sports and everything you think It's important to know?
      Thank's very much!
      pleaSE help!

10 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    • luv2laughlots's Profile Photo

Need Suggestions!

by luv2laughlots Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 4:45 PM

We've got a group of about 15 women for a Bachelorette Party heading to Cinci and trying to find a good place to eat that would be versatile for all the different taste buds and wouldn't be too abrasive to the pocketbooks. I've been checking out all the tips and the more I look the more indecisive I become. Any suggestions??

3 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 5:57 AM
    • silantra.Z's Profile Photo

From Malaysia to Cincinnati need advise

by silantra.Z Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 7:26 PM

hi there..
      i will be going to cincinnati this april. i have a 5 days course which will be paid by the company. i plan to extend my stay .. this is my first time in the USA. i plan to visit patton musuem kentucky.
      i have 2 options to go there generally speaking. I can rent a car and drive my self with a print out map from google map. This option requires me to have a valid driving licence. I have a valid driving licience issued by malaysia but i dont know the requirement over there. A friend of mine told me i dont need an international driving permit to drive in the USA (some states will require..) he had drove in the USA during his collegue years .. but i still havent sure if i still need a special permit in Ohio and to Kentucky.
      Second options is public transport. I just search google and cannot find a bus service from cinci to fort knox. can somebody tell me which bus service (connecting bus ) that i can take. My course will end friday evening and i think i will start to move friday evening to kentucky, get a cheap motel somewhere in fort knox and saturday i can have a few hours in the museum before heading back to cincin, to my hotel and i will leave on sunday.
      Pls advise me..
      thanks
      cheers,
      zaidi

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Accomodations with a jacuzzi

by dlandt Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Does anyone know where I can book a room with a jacuzzi? (Not a modified bath tub)It doesn't have to be ultra ultra but it should be at least ***. Regular internet search options don't seem to work well for finding something of this nature. I'm also looking for good brew pubs that not only brew beer but serve great food.

Dave (Nov 24-26)

4 Answers Sep 20, 2007 at 2:39 PM
    • Tropicana

by BlondieB0259 Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 7:21 AM

New to Cincinnati, heard it was a good place to go to but is it 18+, or 21+?

1 Answer Dec 4, 2006 at 1:28 PM
    • jennwerner's Profile Photo

Need good Sports Bar to Watch Buckeyes this week

by jennwerner Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 9:42 AM

I bought my hubby tickets to see the Bengals/Pats game on Sunday for his birthday and we will be staying at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati at 150 West 5th Street and we need to find a good fun Sports Bar to watch the Buckeye Game from on Saturday night? Please tell me there are some Buckeye Fans in Cincinnati? After we whopped on them two weeks ago I know it may be tough to find!! j/k but hubby and I are die hard fans who will miss not being here in Columbus to Party, So where is a good Sports Bar in downtown????

Thanks,
      Jennifer

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 11:33 AM
    • Oktoberfest

by mnewman Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 5:07 PM

Were are the local Oktoberfest held? One-Two or Three places? Also what are the scheduled dates?
      TKS, Ms Mildred

1 Answer Sep 7, 2006 at 9:25 AM
    • Fireworks Sept 3rd

by pathros Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 7:05 PM

What are the hours for this event?

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Cincinnati-Northern KY airport question

by 850prc Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Does anyone know if the CVG airport has free WiFi? Thanks in advance. Pete

• Loykeri's Profile Photo

CINCI June of 2006

by Loykeri Online Now May 20, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Hello!
      > Me and a buddy are taking a weekend to visit cinci June 2 thru the 4th.
      >
      >
      > Problem - she hasn't been there in about a 5 years and I am assuming
      > things have changed.
      >
      > Any advice on the following:
      > 1. cool night club that's fun and comforatble - as opposed to crammed n'
      > sweaty or uptight n' snobby.
      >
      > 2. Great local restuarant the can't be found outside of Cinci - don't
      > want to be forced to eat at the local Applebee's if you know what I
      > mean.
      >
      > 3. Cool (and cheap) day tripper activities. I plan on blowing most of my
      > money on food and drink - so I don't want to blow 30+ bucks on Kings
      > Island for example.
      >
      > Any help appreciated!

1 Answer May 21, 2006 at 4:00 PM
    • West Cincinnati - Indiana

by heyyou67 Online Now Feb 14, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Howdy,

I’ll be attending a vocational training course in Lawrenceburg, Indiana during the month of March.

Can anyone recommend a decent budget hotel for this long term stay? I don’t need a pool or fitness center or anything like that; just a clean room in a safe area within a 30 minute commute of Lawrenceburg. Also, I just need a table for my homework and possibly a refrigerator for some munchies.

I posted on craigslist.com but only got shared room responses. Not really interested in that but a short term studio apartment rental would be great.

Thanks

1 Answer Feb 15, 2006 at 6:00 AM
    • How far is the dometic airport from the International airport?

by bgates Online Now Nov 17, 2005 at 8:34 PM

Hi, My flight from Paris transits at Cincinnati and I have to catch another flight to Minneapolis. Is the domestic airport different from the international airport? If yes, how far is it? Is there arrangement for airport transfers?

Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 2:10 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

35 minutes for transfer at Cincinnati Airport

by christine.j Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 6:53 AM

My son needs to go to the US for a short trip to the East and West coast. The travel agency made him a offer which sounds good, but:
      The last leg of his trip will be from San Francisco to Cincinnati, then to Frankfurt. Both flights are with Delta, but there are just 35 minutes between landing and take off again. I don't know Cincinnati Airport, but to me that seems to be impossible. He can check his bags through, but usually the gates close 30 minutes before take off. Do you think there's a reliable chance for him top catch his flight? He has to decide by tomorrow if he books the flights.
      Thanks for any help.
      Christine

6 Answers Sep 8, 2005 at 12:03 AM
    • Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

How about meeting us and CoAir13 (Jen and Ethan) for dinner, Thursday, August 4.

by Stephen-KarenConn Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 5:04 AM

CoAir13 (Jen and Ethan) will be visiting with us for a couple of days the first week in August, so we are inviting other Cincinnati/Dayton area VTers to meet us for dinner on Thursday evening, August 4, 6:00 p.m. at El Rancho Grande in Sharonville. It's easy to find, at 11765 Lebanon Road, just south of the Sharonville exit off i-275, between I-75 and I-71. You can sign up at the posting I have made in the VT meetings section. I know it's a week night, but many of you should still be able to make it. Let's get together, meet, and welcome Jen and Ethan to our corner of Ohio. The more the merrier.

• joebarcas's Profile Photo

Reds game

by joebarcas Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 9:41 AM

4 of us will be in Cincinnati for a Reds game this summer. Any suggestions for a close, reasonable hotel? We'll have some time before the 7:00pm game for dinner, Any good local/regional places near the stadium? Thanks in advance! Pax, Joe

2 Answers Feb 19, 2005 at 8:09 AM
    • Best Prime Rib in the area?

by Luvthebeach Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 12:45 PM

Could someone tell me the best place to get Prime Rib in the Cincinnati - Covington area? How about a place called J Alexanders? Good or bad??? anything better? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 21, 2004 at 4:24 PM
    • Riverboat cruises/ General store

by Luvthebeach Online Now Jul 23, 2004 at 11:34 AM

Has anyone been on the riverboat cruises and could tell me what they are like? We are considering a dinner cruise on B&B Riverboats. Also I will be in Cincinnati for the weekend with my husband - can anyone recommend a good restaurant? We have also heard about a place called Rabbit Has General Store. He is into antiques and collectibles and I thought he would like to see this. Any info on this would be great as well. Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 28, 2004 at 8:16 AM
    • Is Cincinaati safe in day time /evenings

by Vatsy Online Now Apr 11, 2004 at 9:00 PM

Freetings to all VT folks, this is my first trip to US and to cincinaati i am a bit concerned regarding the security there. Is is safe to move around freely in day time in cincinaati (apart from downtown area which people say is a bit dangerous) ? also, is it true that the blacks are a menace there.. people suggested me to give them a dollar/two if they threaten for money also.. how popular and upto what extent is the custom of giving tips in Cincinaat...infact in Ohio ?

9 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 3:11 PM