Cienfuegos Travel Answers

change location

Getting there

by flexy Online Now Nov 10, 2002 at 1:47 PM

I am travelling to Cuba at Christmas arriving at Varadero airport on 25 December! Does anyone know how much it would cost by taxi to Cienfuegos?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • AnjaV's Profile Photo

Re: Getting there

by AnjaV Online Now Nov 11, 2002 at 9:32 PM

To much... A taxi from the airport to Varadero costs allready25 Cienfuegos is 3 hours driving! Better take the Viazul bus, website: viazul.cu/pagina_destinosi.h...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RickL's Profile Photo

by RickL Online Now Nov 28, 2002 at 1:10 PM

I took a taxi from Trinidad to Havana (about the same distance) and he turned off the meter and charged us100 US. We met 2 Americans who shared the taxi with us and we all split the fare. I doubt you will find many fellow travellers wanting to go to Cienfuegos with you though. Try negotiating with the taxi drivers and if you don't like the price...walk away and take the bus!

• Darkwind's Profile Photo

by Darkwind Online Now Dec 11, 2002 at 1:25 PM

Well I think what U should do is catch VIAZUL its a bus line that takes U everywhere around the country and will be cheaper than a taxi yours D

• Re: Getting there

by MariaDaysi Online Now Oct 22, 2003 at 8:02 PM

I live in Cienfuegos. I know that the price is 20 dollars by bus, and by taxi is 80 dollars If you need more information, please feel free to ask me.

• Re: Getting there

by wranglerx Online Now Mar 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM

im thinking of going to cienfuegos. i was wondering if it is safe and maybe some tourist stuff to do during the day? I dont know too much about cuba but i would like to take advantage while im down there, instead of sitting on the beach the entire time.

thanks eric

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cienfuegos