change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DJStarr's Profile Photo

Where to meet expats in Cuba

Cuba Jan 14, 2016 at 1:05 AM

Any places in Havana where I should look to meet up with other interesting world travelers and Expats while I'm there in February (2016)?
      Also, anyone know where in Havana I can watch FCB (Barcelona futbol team) play? Any sports bars or futbol cafes?

more
    • SerafimaM's Profile Photo

First visit alone to Cuba

Havana Jan 16, 2016 at 1:30 AM

I want to go toCuba from USA, but for the US citizens is nesessery VISA but I have double citizenship and another passport of that country which is not required passport. Can I go to Havana with this passport without VISA?

more
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

trip report

Cuba Feb 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Did anyone travel to Cuba with go ahead tours?

more
    • Gps camera

Cuba Jan 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I have a gopro video camera with gps and I understand gps is not allowed in Cuba. Can I bring this camera to Cuba, is it going to e confiscated

more
    • gilshamir2's Profile Photo

suggestions for a trip from trinidad to vinales

Cuba Jan 10, 2016 at 12:07 PM

hi there
      we are planning a trip from trinidad to vinales. it take 2 days by viazul bus due to bus schedule and must pass through havana. so we are looking for other options that include stops in places along the way.
      any suggestions for points of interests on the way?
      any suggestions about transport that dont include renting a car?
      thanks
      gil

more
    • traveltrish's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Cuba

Havana Jan 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Hola everyone. My two girlfriends and I are planning on travelling to Cuba in November. We have had trouble finding accommodation there. Does anyone have suggestions for where to stay. We are looking Havana and Trinidad. Much as Gracie's in advance. Tricia

more
    • Gps camera

Cuba Jan 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM

I have a gopro video camera with gps and I understand gps is not allowed in Cuba. Can I bring this camera to Cuba, is it going to e confiscated

more
    • re' cell phone

Cuba Jan 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM

re' cel phone where can i buy a simcard in havana,how much for would they charge me I only want my phone for emergency

more
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Tourist card, Money Xchange, Shuttles, water - oh, my!!!

Cuba Jan 16, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Going to Cuba in February on an organized volunteer mission (Jakera) flying out of Tijuana with AeroMexico - who were totally unhelpful on the phone, - so I need help!
      1. Tourist card/visa - they said I get it at the airport. True? At the airline, where? How much?
      2. Shuttle or "la Puente" to the TIJ airport from San Diego - how do I get it, where, etc. Time to get from SD to TIJ on it?
      3. Water - safe or filtered or bottled available? Should I guy a filtered water bottle prior to going? Suggestions?
      4. Money Exchange - Cuba charges 10% on U.S. Funds to exchange in Cuba. Should I exchange some money in TIJ before my flight (fees to be considered) and keep some U.S. Funds for emergency or if needed. Would the exchange rates work in my favor or against me - considering Cuba's 10% fee and Mexican exchange rates. I'm lost.
      5. TIPPING and BEGGING - Also, should I get a few CUPs in change to give the kiddies? Is tipping expected, how much to give a begging kid? Will I need CUPs for buses or other local stuff?

Thanks so much for any advice.
      Cheers,
      DJ

more
    • US citizens travel to Cuba from Mexico

Cuba Jan 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM

We're 2 retired women, US Citizens, staying in Mexico. We'd like to go to Cuba for 10 days. Understand it's not sanctioned by US gov't, but also know many people do it. Please give us some advice on how to proceed. We will be returning to Mexico.

more
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Independent travel in Cuba

Cuba Feb 1, 2016 at 4:51 AM

We are an older couple, who have travelled independently in several countries over the years, but we do NOT speak Spanish, and was wondering if we are likely to have much trouble trying to travel independently in Cuba.

more

Near Ciego de Ávila

• nachoman66's Profile Photo

immigration

by nachoman66 Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM

is there an immigration office in ciego de avila?

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Transportation

by pepademango Online Now May 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM

If I book a hotel in the cayos, how do I get from Habana to the hotel?
      Did anyone rented a car?
      Anyone with experience going around the beaches on their own?

4 Answers Aug 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM
    • Harrassment in Ciego de Avila

by kozad Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 11:08 PM

I've read that tourists are sometimes picked up by immigration authorities in Ciego de Avila, Cuba for taking pictures, etc, and forced to sign a letter promising they wouldn't do what they were picked up for again. Has anyone had such experience or know what's actually going on?

• baseball in Cuba

by watters98 Online Now Mar 8, 2004 at 6:34 PM

I am travelling at the end of march. I would like to attend a baseball game. Has anyone attended a game ? I fyes what advice would you provide ? Tickets$, seating, safety etc

3 Answers Apr 2, 2004 at 6:03 AM