Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

is monday october 12 a national holiday?

Tokyo Oct 1, 2015 at 12:52 PM

is monday october 12 a national holiday?
      if so:
      1)does this affect public transport in Tokyo?
      2)are some atractions closed? the East Imperial Gardens will be open? (they are closed on mondays but when monday is holiday they close the next day, right?)
      3)I was thinking to start from Hama Rikyu gardens in the morning, then take the train to Tokyo Station and walk to East Imperial Gardens but the rest of the day will be free. any suggestions considering we will cover the following the rest of our days in Tokyo:
      Meiji Shrine, Takeshita Dori, Shibuya Crossing, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market, Hamarikyu Gardens, Akihabara / Ginza, Asakusa, Sensoji temple, Ueno Park

• Haneda; Tokyo; Hakone; Miyajima

Tokyo Sep 7, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Hi all,

I'll be going Tokyo, and thinking of going Hakone to view Mt Fuji & Hiroshima (Miyajima). I've been to Kyoto & Osaka last year.

I'm stuck on planning on the transport arrangements..(which is more difficult as I thought compared to Kansai Region), especially Haneda airport to Tokyo town on our arrival. =(

firstly, we will be there for 9D8N, I'm planning to get 7 days JR Pass. how can i get additional 1-2 days JR pass for the additional day usage?

I'm planning to use the JR pass on 3rd day onwards till my return so that we can use the JR Pass on N'EX train as we will be departing from Narita Airport.

If i can't get additional 1-2 days JR pass, what will be the best transport / route from haneda to Shinjuku area? If I purchase ad-hoc monorail ticket from Haneda airport to Shinjuku? We will be renting apartment near shinjuku area. is there any metro / subway we can hop on from Hamamatsucho or Shinagawa station after taking monorail from Haneda airport?

Secondly, in order to see mt. Fuji, understand Hakone will be one of the best options. what will be the best way to get there? Should we stay overnight or it can be day trip?

lastly, visiting Miyajima will be in my plan too.. I know we can make use of JR Pass on shinkansen and even JR ferry.. I'd like to seek advise on accommodation. Is it worth spending a night stay at Hiroshima / Miyajima?

Thank you

• Laduree tea house at Mitsukoshi department at Ginza, Tokyo, Japan

by raytung31 Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Dear all,

Could please someone advise me:
      >> if Laduree tea house at Mitsukoshi department at Ginza, Tokyo, Japan have English menu available for dining???
      Their contact is TEL:03-3563-2120
      It is a pity I do not understand French nor Japanese.

>> if they open from 10:30 or 10:00??

Thank you very much for your help.

2 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM