Christiansted Travel Answers

change location
ldilauro's Profile Photo

Hotel Caravelle or Hotel on the Cay - St Croix

by ldilauro Online Now Dec 23, 2002 at 8:32 PM

Hi, If anyone has stayed at either of these properties I would love to hear from you. So far from what I can find on the web the Hotel on the Cay is on it's own little island with a beach, but there are comments about the rooms not being all that great and it's a time share property. Hotel Caravelle I've found no complaints about the rooms but they don't have a beach. Please respond with any comments good or bad on either property. Thanks, Lori

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ljbs's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Caravelle or Hotel on the Cay - St Croix

by ljbs Online Now Dec 24, 2002 at 2:03 PM

I stayed at the Hotel on the Cay about 10 years ago, so my information is anything but fresh. I can , however, tell you that although the island on which the hotel is located is near the harbor, the water is clear and the snorkeling good. The island is quite small and when I was there the hotel was the only property on it. It operated, back then, both as a time share and a hotel. The rooms were small, but adequately equipped and comfortable. The restaurant was ok, but not particularly great, but a large assortment of restaurants, bars, shops. and a quite good dive shop were a short free ferry ride away. When I was there the hotel had a very good entertainment director who was also a good blues guitarist.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Christiansted