Christchurch Travel Answers

change location

Sports Clothing

by DanH1 Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 6:57 PM

I will be traveling to Christchurch in January 2007 and would like to purchase some sports clothing for my son as a reminder of my trip to New Zealand. His passion is volleyball. Does anyone know if the University of Canterbury, in Christchurch, has a volleyball team and whether vollebyall shirts that carry the name of the university are sold in their bookshop? Or, is there a good sporting goods shop in Christchurch that might carry apparel that shows it's from New Zealand, Christchurch, or the University of Canterbury?

Thanks for your help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

RE: Sports Clothing

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Sorry, I have never paid attention in the sports shops if they have such shirts. So I recommend to contact the Canterbury Volleyball Association, PO Box 33130, Christchurch, or tel. +64 (0) 3 332 1904, or email: cva@cva.org.nz

I hope they can help you.

I have the impression the Hornby Volleyball Club is very active in Christchurch, perhaps they would also be a good contact for you:

http://www.hornbyvolleyball.net.nz/

Anderson & Hill (Corner Colombo & St. Asaph Streets) is a good sports shop with a good selection for local clubs, you could contact them,
    tel. +64 (0) 3 366 5699
    fax +64 (0) 3 366 1044

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines