Christchurch Travel Answers

change location

car hire - christchurch

by hughsie Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 12:19 AM

hoping to hire a car for 3 weeks picking up and dropping off in christchurch - somebody recommended a website that lists all the car hire companies so that you can easily compare prices but I can't remember what it is called........HELP! thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • kiwi's Profile Photo

Re: car hire - christchurch

by kiwi Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 1:56 AM

OK here's my two cents worth. I thoroughly recommend this company: www.mcdonaldsrentacar.co.nz They are a family owned and local company in Christchurch who know the market very well. There are cheaper deals however from my own experience and people I know, they can go bad. Some cars are not really in the best of condition etc. And when it comes to retrieval when something goes wrong, the cheaper companies fall down. I recommend for the South Island, that you need reliability and MacDonalds cars are superb. My last trip I travelled alone and some of the Sth Island can be very remote and you wouldn't want to break down. You can find more companies on this site if you click on Transport > Transport options to find good info: www.newzealand.com There are also good route maps there with examples of trips for differing periods of time, eg 3 days, 6 days etc. Hope you have a good trip. kiwi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines