Choquequirao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Virgin Vacation

Machu Picchu Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

any VT mbrs heard/used Virgin Vacation to Lima (cusco,etc)?

more
    • Physical requirement

Machu Picchu Yesterday

How difficult is it to tour this place? I will be joining a 48 hours land tour while in a SA cruise. I have a lower back & minor knee problem. Should I completely avoid this once in a lifetime tour. I do 30 minutes walks every two days but am not sure if my body can handle such a "steep" climb. Any information, recommendation, feedback will be greatly appreciated.I am determined to visit & see this wonder and didn't mind paying a lot for this tour.
      Also, I hear from others that have been there that the high altitude may also pose a problem particularly for those w/some breathing problem..feedback please. Thank you

more
    • J_P_B's Profile Photo

Anyone been here?

by J_P_B Online Now Jun 16, 2003 at 2:59 AM

I stumbled across this place suring research and it sounds fantastic. The only problem is, it is so far off the beaten path that it seems like you can only do on a tour to get to it. Has anyone been to it? If so, how did you get to it and was it worth it? Most tours seem to suggest that you hike for three or four days out of Cuzco and get to it and somehow get a bus back. That would lead me to wonder whether you can get transport out and back. I will have only limited time and 4 days of trekking will make it impossible. Cheers in advance for any help.

3 Answers Jul 2, 2003 at 5:26 AM