Chongqing Shi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barista Equipment

Guangzhou 5 hours ago

Hi am going to Guangzhou, and I want to shop barista equipment, like tamper, teflon pitcher, coffee filters, thermometer, etc. Can anyone help where I can by these kind of things.

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

Question about visits with locals

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). We would like to meet some local people to exchange culture and ideas. Is that possible?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Travel to Xianying Palace in Fuzhou Changle

Fuzhou Yesterday

Is it easy to hail a taxi in Changle of Fuzhou for travel to Xianying Palace near Changle Airport of Fuzhou? Is Xianying Palace important place to visit in Fuzhou? How much estimated to pay for a trip to this place?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Fuzhou on 5 December?

Fuzhou Yesterday

It is expected highest temperature in Fuzhou is 19 Degrees Celsius, lowest temperature at 11. Are upper long-john, long-sleeved shirt and winter jacket enough?

• Rail from Chengdu to Leshan

Chengdu Nov 2, 2015 at 1:15 AM

How easy is it to take the high speed rail from Chengdu to Leshan? And once in Leshan station, what is the best way to get to the Buddha? What are the expected travel times?

• Where to stay

Shenzhen Oct 28, 2015 at 8:01 PM

hi there just looking at coming to Shenzhen like to be near some shopping like clothing electrical and General knick knacks also if it near some tourist attractions too. Which area is best and any ideas on some 4 star hotels thanks so much really appreciate it. Thankyou

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

Fuzhou Yesterday

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

• bullet train

Xiamen Nov 14, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi,i will b travelling to fuzhou next week then to xiamen but i need to know which train station must i go from fuzhou to xiamen zhong shan parK? I understand that there r a few station to board n alight the train.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Sleeping in Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Nov 6, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Can i sleep at Guangzhou Airport upon arrival at 2 am? I have a domestic flight to board at 2.15 pm for Hangzhou.

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

How to spend a day on our own in Shanghai

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). How can we spend a day ( not too expensive) seeing off beat Shangahi.

• price of china

Beijing Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM

What prices at KFC in China

• 2 weeks every day expenses

Lanzhou Oct 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Traveling to Lanzhou for 2 weeks Mid December 2015, Wondering what i will need for lots of coffee, "cafe's" Cheap eats most of the time, Good Restaurant perhaps 3 times with friend and daughter "vegen" I would expect i will do a couple of Museums, Go out to a couple of local Bars, 2-3 times, City transport, and will need cheap Mobile phone with prepaid credit,

Some hints as to whats worth seeing in and around Lanzhou and if any huge bulk shopping centres, and cake shops

I wouldn't mind going to some of the disadvantaged area's of Lanzhou also. perhaps do a little people orientated volunteer work while i am there, any information on this would also be helpful.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Hangzhou on 13 November?

Hangzhou Nov 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM

May I know what should i wear for four hours in Hangzhou outdoors on 13 November between 4.20 pm and 8 pm? Can i just wear long-john and long-sleeved shirt? Will they keep me less cold?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What can one do within 4 hours at Hangzhou Airport?

Hangzhou Nov 8, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Dear Hangzhou VT,

I arrive in Hangzhou Airport at 4.20 pm on Friday where i will transit for direct flight back to Singapore at 11 pm with Scoot. May I know are there tourist destinations near the airport other than the Head Office of Zhejiang Loong Air?

How far is West Lake from the airport? I understand there are no city train services to the airport.

• Best location to stay

Shanghai Oct 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I'll be traveling with my husband and 2 kids in december. We are very confused as to what area is the most convenient and nice. The options are jing'an, french concession, and xintiandi. Please help us decide. thank you

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Help required for recommendation on hotel stay for 1 nite near airport or train station

Shenzhen Oct 28, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Hello there,
      We are travelling in a group of 4 (3 seniors with me) taking high speed train from Guilin and will arrive Shenzhen North station during the late evening around 10pm. Would like to check in to a hotel for 1 nite to catch a flight the next morning. Therefore would appreciate for good recommendation on hotel stay either near BaoÁn Intl Airport or Shenzhen North train station.
      How about transport, is it safe to take any cabs in Shenzhen.We have 4 medium sized luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.
      Tks & Regards,

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Railway hat badge

China Oct 28, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hi all, Just returned from a GREAT trip to parts of China, which included a 20 hour 'soft sleeper' train Guilin - Shanghai and a fast 'bullet' train from Beijing - Xi'an.

As I am involved in tourist railways here in Australia, I was really trying to obtain a hat badge and offered money, a book and anything else I could think of to swap with railway people their hat badge. One scoured the entire train crew looking for a spare - sadly no luck. I managed to find an English speaking passenger on one of the trains and he looked up the Chinese version of eBay on his tablet device - I don't read, write or, apart from a few words, speak Chinese. I've tried to find a badge on eBay to no avail.

Below are 2 photos - one is the badge itself and attached to the soft hat of a female train worker, the other is attached to the hat of the friendly crew member on the fast train - and the one who scoured the train for me.

If anyone can PLEASE help me obtain a badge as photoed for my hat I would be very grateful and will pay for badge and postage to Australia in advance.

Hope someone can please help - xie xie nee

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Looking for private transport for booking in Shenzhen

China Nov 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I am looking for transport to book for my airport/hotel transfer during December.
      Anyone has a good contact that can recommend?
      Just need 1 trip from airport to train station and another trip from hotel to airport.
      4 adults and 4 luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.

Popular Chongqing Shi Travel Answer Locations

• Travel to Chongqing airport

Chongqing Aug 15, 2015 at 2:50 AM

I will be staying in Yu Zhong district of Chongqing and was wondering how i can get to the airport?? Are taxis freely available and will they take us to the airport?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 8:32 PM
    • 2 days Weekend

Chongqing May 17, 2015 at 1:29 AM

What would you recommend to do in Chongqing for a 2 days weekend end of November?
      And do you have any tips how to go from the airport to downtown/ the train stations?

Many thanks in advance!

7 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 11:38 PM
    • Guiyang to Tongzi

Tongzi Jun 1, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Hello, I plan to fly from Hong Kong to Guiyang in early September to teach English in Tongzi. If I fly into the airport at Guiyang how do I get to the bus station to get a bus to Tongzi ? Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Public transport time tables from Dazu to Chongqing

Chongqing Shi Mar 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I have a flight from Chongqing to Lijiang at 12:40 am, I would like to know if there are buses in the morning starting at 07:00 am, from Dazu to Chongqing. Thank you very much for the help!

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Lockers available in Chongqing Airport?

Chongqing Feb 1, 2014 at 3:26 AM

We are flying in from Europe and have a transfer flight in Chongqing airport 8 hours later, so was thinking to lock in our luggage and go see the city..
      Do anybody know if there are lockers in the airport ?

Appreciate any advice.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Private van day trip to Wulong and Dazu.

Chongqing Nov 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Anyone can advise me with 7 pax plan to have a day trip to Wulong and another day to Dazu
      by private van ,better with 15 seater mini van, how much and service provider address.
      Thankl you so much.
      Thee P.

• Overnight sleeper from chongqing to xian

Chongqing Feb 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

how soon can we book train tickets for overnight sleeper train to Xian from chongqing. We are a large party who will need to book 4 or 5 soft sleeper cabins on 2nd April

2 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • smiling_sml's Profile Photo

Public transport from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emai shan

Chongqing Shi Feb 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Dear all,

I am planning my China trip in May. I will start that from Chongqing, visiting Dazu caves. Then I would like to move to Chengdu, visiting Leshan and Emeishan on my way. I will be mostly using public transport. Could you please advise me whether any public transport is available from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emeishan. If yes, where can I find a timetable? Many thanks in advance.:)

4 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    • peterseaford's Profile Photo

need help

Chongqing Shi Jun 12, 2011 at 2:31 AM

I did the wendy wo grand tour of China and it was fantastic BUT i did it with my wife's best girlfriend. the wife did not want to go.
      I have a very special friend in Chongqing and would like to spend a few days there with him and his family.
      seems wendy wo does not like breaking tours so i need a local company who can organize everything.
      would like to revisit Beijing,Xian,Kunming,Hanzou,souchow, Shanghai and Chongqing.
      all the hotels we had were 4 star and they were wonderful in my opinion.

we did the Yangtizi Cruise but my girlfriend reported a strange smell - I enjoyed the trip very much but she was sick.

please advise who you would suggest as a travel company

2 Answers Jun 12, 2011 at 4:43 AM
    • Seek advice on my future journey to Chongqing and Three Gorges

Chongqing Dec 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

i plan to go to chongqing and three gorges. i do not know whether i should find a local travel service in chongqing or not, such as what should i do?

4 Answers Apr 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    • Lunaina's Profile Photo

Dazu Caves - Buddha

Chongqing May 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM

We will be in Chongqing in september and want to go to Dazu Caves/Buddha,

I've found a lot of info on the web, but I cannot find if you can go by bus,

I think we need to book a tour?? Does someone know a good travel agency where I can book this trip, or a tip on how you visited Dazu from Chongqing? Look forward to your replies.

4 Answers Sep 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    • To / From Wulong from Chongqing

Chongqing Apr 7, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Sorry for the glitch in my last post. The place I want to go to is in Wulong County, widely known as the "Three Natural Bridges" (tian-keng-san-qiao).

6 Answers Apr 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    • To / Fro Wulong from Chongqing

Chongqing Apr 7, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Hello. I will be going to Chongqing in early May and would like to visit the 武隆天龙天坑. Please can someone advise if it is better to take a bus or hire a car for the day trip? How does anyone do it?

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

if I want to take the cruise down to Yichang, do I need to visit sichuan in may or june?

Chongqing Apr 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I want to see if I can take the cruise to Yichang, then take the train to ZhangJiaJe.. not sure if may is a better time to go?

6 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

how do I find good cruise down from CHongQing to WuHan,

Chongqing Apr 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM

1) is there web site where I can check it out, chinese web site is ok, I just do not know how to find it.

2) can I easily get the ticket once I arrive in CHongQing?

3) when is the good time to visit, over all, april? when it is not too hot or cold and not a lot of ppl

3 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    • Three Gorges Cruise????

Chongqing Shi Aug 2, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Planning a trip and thinking to go to this area and explore on the Three Gorgess Cruise. Does anybody know if there is anything much left to see.
      Should we avoid the area totaly?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:45 PM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

Three Gorges Cruise - good experience anyone?

Chongqing Sep 25, 2007 at 2:09 PM

I hear very mixed reviews about the much hyped Yangtze River Cruise. Is it really what's it's cracked up to be? Anyone has a positive experience?

6 Answers Sep 27, 2007 at 7:49 PM
    • Brendela's Profile Photo

Where to get a nice and cheap violin in Chongqing?

Chongqing Jul 26, 2007 at 4:24 AM

I'll be in Chongqing in Dec for a few days. I want to get a good violin for intermediate to advanced use. I heard that Guangzhou is the wholesale place that manufactures the country's violins but I won't be visiting Quangzhou at all. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a good violin at a cheap price in Chongqing? If yes, where should I go down to? Are there specific luthier workshops that I can visit instead of buying from music stores which tend to sell relatively expensive? Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    • Lockers or Left Luggage Counter Available?

Chongqing Mar 12, 2007 at 4:22 PM

We'll be arriving Chongqing Train Station for my onward bus journey to Dazu. As we intend to stay only 1 night in Dazu, we do not want to lug all our belongings along.

Are there any 'left luggage' counter or lockers available at the Train Station or the Long Distance Bus Station? I understand that both are next to each other.

Appreciate any advice.

5 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    • Train tickets from Xian to Chongqing

Chongqing Jan 3, 2007 at 4:41 AM

I understand the train from Xian to Chongqing, originates from Lhasa.

Is it difficult to get "soft sleepers" in the month of August?

Is this train always full?

Appreciate your replies.

5 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    • Which is better......

Chongqing Jan 1, 2007 at 6:16 PM

I'm B Y, new member hoping to learn more here.

Planning to travel to China in August and Chongqing is part of the travel.

1. Which shore excursion is better, Shennong Stream or Less Three Gorges?

2. Visit to Dazu Grottoes, stay overnight in Chongqing, travel next morning or go direct to Dazu, visit early next morning? Arriving CQ early afternoon.

Appreciate any comments. Details will be good.

8 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:55 PM
    • Looking for advice on settling in Chongqing

Chongqing Shi Aug 8, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Hi. I've lived for 2.5years in China, spending 6 months at a time in one place, and Chongqing is next. Any advice to help me settle in easier will be much appreciated such as: what's the best area to live in? how do I find a good apartment? I presently teach English at a number of companies for EF, who is best to approach for work? is there a useful local website etc etc. thanking you in anticipation.

2 Answers Aug 14, 2006 at 4:01 AM
    • rifatkiral's Profile Photo

river cruise

Chongqing Jul 24, 2006 at 1:02 PM

What about the ships, Cabins?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    • Afternoon in YiChang

Chongqing Shi Jul 8, 2006 at 3:26 AM

My girlfriend and I have about 4 hours to spemd in YiChang on July 17.
      Our cruise ships docks about noon and our Hainan Air Flight departs for Xi'an at 19:00. I really don't wish to spend the afternoon in the YiChang Airport from what I've heard. I believe it is about 45 minutes from dock to airport by taxi?

Anyone spent an afternoon in YiChang?
      I'll have seen the Dam from the Cruise Excursion

A nice lunch and a stroll down a real China street or two with a walk along the docks sounds pleasant? Any memorable sites / experience in YiChang?

I haven't come up with anything to do in YiChang that does not take over an hour drive to get there?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2006 at 1:49 PM
    • tarced's Profile Photo

Zoo and Yangtze River Cruise

Chongqing Jun 25, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Hi VTers!
      We were hoping to visit the Chongqing Zoo, but need to know the hours of operation. We will be there on a Monday.

We were also wondering about the state of the Three Gorges - our cruise is already booked (we leave 11 July) so we hope that we will be able to see some of their beauty.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

4 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    • YAYCQ (Yet Another Yangtze Cruise Question)

Chongqing May 21, 2006 at 11:41 PM

Hello VTers,

We are considering doing one of the cruises in early July (because that's when we'll be there; it'd be a bit silly to do a cruise when we're not there. But I digress...) and are just curious about the state of the river. Are the gorges still "worth" seeing or are we better off spending our time elsewhere? On the one hand, the cruises aren't cheap, we're not the sort of travellers who would ordinarily do a cruise, and we have limited time in China on this trip. On the other hand, we'll never get to see the gorges again before they're fully flooded, so it's now or never and even if there are better places (eg Yangshou) they'll still be there for later trips.

So we're prepared to do the cruise even if it's not what it used to be, but there's that nagging doubt that at the end of it we'll think "well, we enjoyed a couple of hours of that cruise but the rest was a bust". Then again, once it's gone it's gone... aaarrgh indecisions indecisions

If we *do* go there we only have a choice of two ships because of our travel dates, the 'Oriental Emperor' and 'Yangtze Paradise'. Any opinions on these two cruisers?

And finally, we've read a forum tip about buying your tickets at the docks themselves rather than through an agency for big savings. Unfortunately we'll arrive in Chongqing the day before the boat "leaves" (that is, boarding is scheduled for that evening and physically departing the next morning) and that would be cutting it too fine to risk booking it that way. Any recommendations on good reliable tour companies that we could book with?

Thanks for making it all the way to the end of this post! :)

6 Answers Jul 5, 2006 at 3:58 AM
    • MrAllen1's Profile Photo

Need furnished apartment for 3 months close to BaiHe road Nanping

Chongqing May 9, 2006 at 8:32 PM

My home won't be finished built so I need to rent an apartment close to BaiHe Road Nanping, for my wife and I. Can anyone help? Thanks-Allen

1 Answer May 30, 2006 at 4:55 PM

How Much Money

Chongqing Apr 29, 2006 at 9:50 PM

I'm a US citizen. How much money can I take into China leagally?

6 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Chongqing Weather

Chongqing Apr 8, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Many people say Chongqing is very, very hot in the summer. How would it compare to the weather in Florida USA? Florida is very hot and humid, is Chongqing the same or hotter because it is inland and not near the ocean. I only ask about Florida because that is where I live now. Our summer days average is 33.3C or 92 degrees F....

5 Answers Jun 30, 2006 at 7:54 AM
    • beaverk's Profile Photo

River tour info

Chongqing Mar 20, 2006 at 6:58 PM

I am actually doing research for a fiction story idea where part of the story unfolds in Chongqing. I am trying to find out whether there are any docks in the city itself where a person can board either a short tour boat, a river crossing boat, or a longer trek cruise ship? Thanks

4 Answers Apr 17, 2006 at 11:09 PM