Chongqing Shi Travel Answers

change location
smiling_sml's Profile Photo

Public transport from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emai shan

by smiling_sml Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Dear all,

I am planning my China trip in May. I will start that from Chongqing, visiting Dazu caves. Then I would like to move to Chengdu, visiting Leshan and Emeishan on my way. I will be mostly using public transport. Could you please advise me whether any public transport is available from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emeishan. If yes, where can I find a timetable? Many thanks in advance.:)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Public transport from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emai shan

by angiebabe Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hi you will hopefully get more specific and helpful replies to your post here than my reply but when i was in Chongqing i was there to do thr Yangtze river stretch to Wuhan. Had wanted to go to Chengdu and Emei shan but couldnt fit it in. Many of my segments were with flights as it was to fit more into my itinerary.

I got an enormous amount of help with the Lonely Planets guidrbook for China so I recommend that you definitely have a copy of that, especially that a new edition came out no so long ago.

Then there are vters travel pages under the various locations travel guides Id recommend you look at as well for any tips that provide info to answer your questions and give you further inspiration.

Would be great to hear how you get on too with your travels as hopefully I will get off to Emeishan too eventaully but probably not til next year.

All the best!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: Public transport from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emai shan

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM

When in Chengdu, make sure that you include the Giant Panda Breeding and Research Center in your plans; it is definitely worth the visit. We enjoyed the Leshan Giant Buddha as well, but found Emei Mountain less interesting.

We picked up a local guide with a vehicle to visit these places, so can't comment on the public transport options.

• Re: Public transport from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emai shan

by jamesmenado Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I am not sure if there is bus from Dzu to Leshan. But I did take the bus from Chongqing to Leshan (long ride) and took local bus to visit the gian Buddha and the park (2 tickets). Then I took a bus from different station to Emaishan (short ride),and hiked up to the top ( in midway,stayed overnight at the budha temple). It is helpful if you can speak some mandarin.

• Re: Public transport from Dazu to Leshan and/or Emai shan

by cielinita Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Hi,

I would like to visit the Giant Budha and Emeishan, and as public transport is complicated, I'm thinking about doing it with a guide and by car. Could you telle me how did you find somebody and how much it was please?

Thanks a lot.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Chongqing Shi Travel Answer Locations