Chongqing Shi Travel Answers

change location

Looking for advice on settling in Chongqing

by saexp23 Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Hi. I've lived for 2.5years in China, spending 6 months at a time in one place, and Chongqing is next. Any advice to help me settle in easier will be much appreciated such as: what's the best area to live in? how do I find a good apartment? I presently teach English at a number of companies for EF, who is best to approach for work? is there a useful local website etc etc. thanking you in anticipation.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • hillcitizen's Profile Photo

RE: Looking for advice on settling in Chongqing

by hillcitizen Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 12:49 PM

hi, welcome to cq :) there's many rains in cq especially in autumn .so you should take the umbrella :) in fact it's always easy for a foreigner to settle in because the price level is low here. you could live in Jiefangbei area(means monument,it's a symbol of cq),it's traditional downtown .there's also many other area quite good for living such as Shapingba(means a sandy plain,it's the education center of cq,many unis & schools),or other CBDs(there r 5 CBDs in 5 urban district ,anyone is ok).and ,maybe being near the lightrailway is better choice . about job , many individual english school needs teachers ,many uni also need teacher(a little high standard),or corps (hard to find),and maybe the luck is the most important factor :))
    about website , many , but mostly only in chinese ,pity .......there's a good one in english : http://english.cq.gov.cn/
    if you know somebody already living here , you'd better ask him or her to find apartment for you.there's also some house agency ,but not believable except the SUNCO house agency , it's one of the biggest agency of CHINA, high prestige,website is http://cq.sunco.cn/cq/ ,but in chinese.so if you see this agency on the street ,could trust it .
    chongqing is mountain city , a detailed map is so important , enjoy :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Looking for advice on settling in Chongqing

by bnhl Online Now Aug 14, 2006 at 4:01 AM

I have an apartment in chongqing you can get to see it :sublet.com/spider/ViewImages...
    we can talk about the rent if you like it
    bnhl@21cn.com
    or msn :yeedr@msn.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Chongqing Shi Travel Answer Locations