Chongqing

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

more
    • transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

more
    • HossamM's Profile Photo

How can I reach Zigong from Suzhou?

Zigong Mar 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am travelling to Suzhou next week. I will be staying in Shilla Hotel Jinji Lake. And I want to visit Zigong Dinosaur museum during Sunday. How can I reach Zigong Dinosaur Museum from Suzhou? I couldn't find a direct train from Suzhou to Zigong. How can I reach Zigong through train or internal flight? I know the road is very long between Suzhou & Zigong, that's why I excluded automobile or bus transportation.

more
    • Nanning transport

Nanning Mar 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What's the coach fare from Nanning to Bama longevity village and travelling time as well as what frequency ? Thanks on advance for a response.

more
    • Tibet permit rule in 2014

Tibet Yesterday

Is it true we Taiwan people can not travel with Chinese or western man? I read the notice on the site travelwestchina.com/news/531... Anybody here can clarify? I plan to join in my American friends' group.

more
    • Hiking from jinshanlin to Simitai without a guide?

China Yesterday

Hello,

I'm visiting Beijing this summer, and I really want to hike on the great wall from Jinshanlin to Simitai.Unfortunately, the organized trips are quite expensive.
      So my question to you is whether it is possible to hike this part of the great wall on your own. Or are there chances I might get lost or might not be able to fix transport?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Pieter

more
    • Bus from Nanning to Suzhou

Suzhou Yesterday

Is there any bus from Nanning to Suzhou?

more
    • What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

Zhangjiajie Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

more
    • Pet's Accessories

Guangzhou Apr 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Where can I shop for retail pet's accessories in Guangzhou?

more
    • Thai food in Hangzhou

Hangzhou Apr 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What is the best Thai restaurant in Hangzhou?

more
    • Zhuhai - Qing Yuan

Qingyuan Apr 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

From which bus station in Zhuhai do I get a bus to Qing Yuan?

more
    • Life in Ningbo for an expat

Ningbo Mar 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello,
      I have taught in China and Thailand but never Ningbo. How does it rate as far as a good place to live and teach for one from the USA that enjoys life and friends. How is the food and what about the level of pollution? What is the best and worst of Ningbo?
      Thanks, Wade

more
    • Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

Taishan Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

more
    • Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Great Wall of China Badaling Section

China Apr 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi all! I'm going to China and part of the tour takes me to the Badaling section of the Great Wall. I only have 2 hours there :( and wondering what my best options are for getting some good photos and seeing the best part of the wall (from there obviously)...should I go north or south or ???? Am I best to take off and see how far I can get in almost an hour then wander back or ???? I'll arrive there at 5 pm - hoping it's not dark by then in mid May too. Any suggestions welcome. :)

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

advices needed for choosing travel agency

Tibet Apr 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

we will travel to Tibet during September 2014 in a group. So far, we have 3 travel agencies had made their quotation to us. the price is almost the same. Therefore, we really need experts here to advice us, which has better reputation and services:

1. http://tibethighlandtours.com/
      2. http://www.tibettravel.com/
      3. http://www.tibetodysseytours.com/

Please advice us. Thanks!

more
    • Backpacking in China

China Mar 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

My husband and I would like to travel to China backpacking. We are both British. I understand that we need an invitation. How can we obtain the invitation.
      Thank you
      Monika

more
    • 3 weeks in China, Beijing and countryside

China Mar 18, 2014 at 6:20 AM

Hi,
      Me and a friend plan to spend 2-3 weeks in China around late/mid november this year. We plan to land in Beijing and spend 4-6 days there and then head out and experience the countryside and other things worth seeing. We're also thinking about going to Hangzhou for a couple of days.

What we're wondering is where would you recommend going after Beijing if you want to experience as much of Chinese cultures as possible in our weeks? As we're thinking about going to Hangzhou sometime during our trip it would be beneficial if it's somewhere around Beijing or hangzhou. It might be worth mentioning that we're trying to avoid the cold as far as possible.

All advice appreciated!

more
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

more
    • 3 weeks in Hong-Kong, Guangzhou and Guilin

China Mar 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hello dear travellers!

Me and my friend are planing to go to the southern parts of China in mid November and stay there for three weeks. We want to spend approximately 1,5 weeks in the bigger cities such as Hong-Kong, Macau and Guangzhou and spend approximately 1,5 weeks on a trip in the countryside surrounding Guilin with the final destination of Guilin.

First of all we are wondering if this seems doable given our period of time.
      Secondly we would like to get feedback about these destinations and if there is anything special (sights, cities etc) in the vicinity that you'd recommend we see (or if there is any cities nearby that might be of more interest?)

Best regards
      The happy travellers Joactor

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Buying fast G train ticket right before departure (Beijing South to Shanghai)?

Beijing Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I will land in BJ early afternoon (from USA), but I do not want to pre-purchase a ticket (in case of miss it due to traffic etc.). Can I buy a ticket at the Beijing South train station for the immediate next departure train to Shanghai (I am an American)?

Or do I really have to pre-purchase online? Any suggestion on which website to buy (ctrip.com???). If I miss the train I have the ticket for, would it be too much trouble having to have the ticket (for the missed train) refund first, then but another one?

I am leaving tomorrow, any quick advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

more
    • SIM CARD in BEIJING

Beijing Shi Mar 18, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Where can i get Sim card with data in BEIJING?

more
    • fraud, varifacation this is legitament

China Apr 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Ling Chen

Customer Care

Virtual Tourist Travels

Tel: (0086) 157-6889-8352 is this part of your company im tring to buy a vissa for my girlfriend they want me send money western union

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Recommendations for safe night activities for female traveler

Shanghai Apr 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

i will be visiting Shanghai in May and was wondering if there are any good recommendations for night activities? Are the drinking/cocktail places safe?

Appreciate any suggestions or advice!

more
    • Lockers available in Chongqing Airport?

by sfolkersen Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 3:26 AM

We are flying in from Europe and have a transfer flight in Chongqing airport 8 hours later, so was thinking to lock in our luggage and go see the city..
      Do anybody know if there are lockers in the airport ?

Appreciate any advice.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Private van day trip to Wulong and Dazu.

by theep4992 Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Anyone can advise me with 7 pax plan to have a day trip to Wulong and another day to Dazu
      by private van ,better with 15 seater mini van, how much and service provider address.
      Thankl you so much.
      Thee P.
      Bangkok

• Overnight sleeper from chongqing to xian

by 2004francesp Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

how soon can we book train tickets for overnight sleeper train to Xian from chongqing. We are a large party who will need to book 4 or 5 soft sleeper cabins on 2nd April

2 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • Seek advice on my future journey to Chongqing and Three Gorges

by dan313 Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

i plan to go to chongqing and three gorges. i do not know whether i should find a local travel service in chongqing or not, such as Meiyatravel.com. what should i do?

4 Answers Apr 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    • Lunaina's Profile Photo

Dazu Caves - Buddha

by Lunaina Online Now May 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM

We will be in Chongqing in september and want to go to Dazu Caves/Buddha,

I've found a lot of info on the web, but I cannot find if you can go by bus,

I think we need to book a tour?? Does someone know a good travel agency where I can book this trip, or a tip on how you visited Dazu from Chongqing? Look forward to your replies.

4 Answers Sep 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    • To / From Wulong from Chongqing

by mommymomo Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Sorry for the glitch in my last post. The place I want to go to is in Wulong County, widely known as the "Three Natural Bridges" (tian-keng-san-qiao).

6 Answers Apr 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    • To / Fro Wulong from Chongqing

by mommymomo Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Hello. I will be going to Chongqing in early May and would like to visit the 武隆天龙天坑. Please can someone advise if it is better to take a bus or hire a car for the day trip? How does anyone do it?

Thanks!

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

if I want to take the cruise down to Yichang, do I need to visit sichuan in may or june?

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I want to see if I can take the cruise to Yichang, then take the train to ZhangJiaJe.. not sure if may is a better time to go?

6 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

how do I find good cruise down from CHongQing to WuHan,

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM

1) is there web site where I can check it out, chinese web site is ok, I just do not know how to find it.

2) can I easily get the ticket once I arrive in CHongQing?

3) when is the good time to visit, over all, april? when it is not too hot or cold and not a lot of ppl

ty

3 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

Three Gorges Cruise - good experience anyone?

by RusskiPower Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 2:09 PM

I hear very mixed reviews about the much hyped Yangtze River Cruise. Is it really what's it's cracked up to be? Anyone has a positive experience?

6 Answers Sep 27, 2007 at 7:49 PM
    • Brendela's Profile Photo

Where to get a nice and cheap violin in Chongqing?

by Brendela Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 4:24 AM

I'll be in Chongqing in Dec for a few days. I want to get a good violin for intermediate to advanced use. I heard that Guangzhou is the wholesale place that manufactures the country's violins but I won't be visiting Quangzhou at all. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a good violin at a cheap price in Chongqing? If yes, where should I go down to? Are there specific luthier workshops that I can visit instead of buying from music stores which tend to sell relatively expensive? Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    • Lockers or Left Luggage Counter Available?

by tanby Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 4:22 PM

We'll be arriving Chongqing Train Station for my onward bus journey to Dazu. As we intend to stay only 1 night in Dazu, we do not want to lug all our belongings along.

Are there any 'left luggage' counter or lockers available at the Train Station or the Long Distance Bus Station? I understand that both are next to each other.

Appreciate any advice.

5 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    • Train tickets from Xian to Chongqing

by tanby Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 4:41 AM

I understand the train from Xian to Chongqing, originates from Lhasa.

Is it difficult to get "soft sleepers" in the month of August?

Is this train always full?

Appreciate your replies.

5 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    • Which is better......

by tanby Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 6:16 PM

Hi...

I'm B Y, new member hoping to learn more here.

Planning to travel to China in August and Chongqing is part of the travel.

1. Which shore excursion is better, Shennong Stream or Less Three Gorges?

2. Visit to Dazu Grottoes, stay overnight in Chongqing, travel next morning or go direct to Dazu, visit early next morning? Arriving CQ early afternoon.

Appreciate any comments. Details will be good.

8 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:55 PM
    • river cruise

by rifatkiral Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 1:02 PM

What about the ships, Cabins?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    • tarced's Profile Photo

Zoo and Yangtze River Cruise

by tarced Online Now Jun 25, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Hi VTers!
      We were hoping to visit the Chongqing Zoo, but need to know the hours of operation. We will be there on a Monday.

We were also wondering about the state of the Three Gorges - our cruise is already booked (we leave 11 July) so we hope that we will be able to see some of their beauty.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

tarced

4 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    • YAYCQ (Yet Another Yangtze Cruise Question)

by Brian&Sally Online Now May 21, 2006 at 11:41 PM

Hello VTers,

We are considering doing one of the cruises in early July (because that's when we'll be there; it'd be a bit silly to do a cruise when we're not there. But I digress...) and are just curious about the state of the river. Are the gorges still "worth" seeing or are we better off spending our time elsewhere? On the one hand, the cruises aren't cheap, we're not the sort of travellers who would ordinarily do a cruise, and we have limited time in China on this trip. On the other hand, we'll never get to see the gorges again before they're fully flooded, so it's now or never and even if there are better places (eg Yangshou) they'll still be there for later trips.

So we're prepared to do the cruise even if it's not what it used to be, but there's that nagging doubt that at the end of it we'll think "well, we enjoyed a couple of hours of that cruise but the rest was a bust". Then again, once it's gone it's gone... aaarrgh indecisions indecisions

If we *do* go there we only have a choice of two ships because of our travel dates, the 'Oriental Emperor' and 'Yangtze Paradise'. Any opinions on these two cruisers?

And finally, we've read a forum tip about buying your tickets at the docks themselves rather than through an agency for big savings. Unfortunately we'll arrive in Chongqing the day before the boat "leaves" (that is, boarding is scheduled for that evening and physically departing the next morning) and that would be cutting it too fine to risk booking it that way. Any recommendations on good reliable tour companies that we could book with?

Thanks for making it all the way to the end of this post! :)

6 Answers Jul 5, 2006 at 3:58 AM
    • MrAllen1's Profile Photo

Need furnished apartment for 3 months close to BaiHe road Nanping

by MrAllen1 Online Now May 9, 2006 at 8:32 PM

My home won't be finished built so I need to rent an apartment close to BaiHe Road Nanping, for my wife and I. Can anyone help? Thanks-Allen

1 Answer May 30, 2006 at 4:55 PM

How Much Money

by MrAllen1 Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 9:50 PM

I'm a US citizen. How much money can I take into China leagally?

6 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Chongqing Weather

by MrAllen1 Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Many people say Chongqing is very, very hot in the summer. How would it compare to the weather in Florida USA? Florida is very hot and humid, is Chongqing the same or hotter because it is inland and not near the ocean. I only ask about Florida because that is where I live now. Our summer days average is 33.3C or 92 degrees F....

5 Answers Jun 30, 2006 at 7:54 AM
    • beaverk's Profile Photo

River tour info

by beaverk Online Now Mar 20, 2006 at 6:58 PM

I am actually doing research for a fiction story idea where part of the story unfolds in Chongqing. I am trying to find out whether there are any docks in the city itself where a person can board either a short tour boat, a river crossing boat, or a longer trek cruise ship? Thanks

4 Answers Apr 17, 2006 at 11:09 PM

The Yuan

by MrAllen1 Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Any idea how stable the Yuan is going to be in the next year to five years?

2 Answers Mar 15, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Flying to Chongqing need help

by MrAllen1 Online Now Feb 23, 2006 at 5:17 AM

Hello Group
      My wife Yuzhen is from Chongqing and she speaks Chinese but only a little English. I am American. Soon I will send her to Chongqing cause we buy a house there. Now we live in Florida so she will have to change planes in New Jersey. I will send a letter with her for someone to help her change terminals and find her right flight but still I am concerned. Do you have any suggestions please?

2 Answers Feb 26, 2006 at 1:47 AM
    • bengolden's Profile Photo

coming to Chongqing in February 2006

by bengolden Online Now Jan 8, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Hi everyone! I have several questions regarding banking and packing regarding my stay in Chongqing. I'll be teaching in China and making money, so I wanted to know the following if anyone can give me any tips...

1) Can I transfer the money I make In Chongqing to my American bank accounts? If so, what is the typical cost of doing so? How do I do it? I have payments to make while I'm abroad and I'd like to make sure I can do it.

2) Can I easily withdraw money from my checking/debit card in Chongqing?

3) Can I use my credit cards?

4) I need to take a 7 months supply of my medication with me...will I be stopped or run into any problems in the airports by having so much medication in my luggage?

5) What do you suggest I pack before heading to Chongqing such as toiletries not available there? Does anyone suggest I bring a lot of clothes or just buy more clothes when I get there? I know the brands differ, but how expensive are most clothes in Chongqing?

6) What are some of the top things that you wish people had told you to pack and what are some of the top things you wish you had known before going to Chongqing?

7) Lastly, I know the climate in Chongqing is very hot and humid. Is this a very uncomfortable place to live when it comes to climate?

If anyone has any other tips regarding banking or packing in general then that would be most appreciated. Sorry for all the questions, but if anyone could help me out that would be great...thanks!!!

5 Answers Aug 8, 2006 at 10:10 PM
    • Yangtze in February

by superscot Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 10:08 AM

Hi

I'm hoping to visit Chongquin in mid February but can't find out much information about Yangtze trips then. The only boat that I can find that is running is the Victoria Cruises ship - once a week.

Are there any others running then (don't have to be 5* cruise ships). Details and web links would be great. Should I book before I arrive or can I book at in CQ? Any idea of costs?

Many thanks

1 Answer Nov 23, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    • Yangtze in February

by superscot Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 9:17 AM

Hi

I'm hoping to visit Chongquin in mid February but can't find out much information about Yangtze trips then. The only boat that I can find that is running is the Victoria Cruises ship - once a week.

Are there any others running then (don't have to be 5* cruise ships). Details and web links would be great. Should I book before I arrive or can I book at in CQ? Any idea of costs?

Many thanks

3 Answers Dec 31, 2005 at 11:16 PM

Nan'an District Chongqing China

by MrAllen1 Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 3:45 AM

I'm going to the Nan'an district in Chongqing. Where can I find information and some pictures of the area. Thank you for your help...Allen

5 Answers Apr 16, 2006 at 12:22 PM
    • half a day in chongqing

by lonnieg Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 9:36 AM

Hi,
      i have half a day to spare in chongqing after getting off a cruise and before i catch my flight.
      does anyone have any suggestions of how best to pass the time? is there anything that should definitely do?
      also, is there anywhere i could leave my luggage while i do this?
      thanks a lot in advance for all your help,
      Kind regards,
      Gavin.

1 Answer Nov 23, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Rock Carvings of Dazu

by nepalgoods Online Now Oct 18, 2005 at 1:05 PM

I did not find Dazu as a location on VT. So: where is Dazu? I would like to build an extra Dazu-page on VT.

Thanks

6 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM
    • yeoth's Profile Photo

coming to chongqing

by yeoth Online Now Sep 6, 2005 at 10:47 PM

Hi folks, my name is yeoth, a new memeber.I'm planning to come chongqing and need tips and suggestion about this part of china.Though I have been to beijing n shanghai (the modern chinese cities)I'm not sure chongqing is the same (or very different?)September or October is the better month to travel?(or no difference?). What kind of weather to expect? which part of the city should I book my hotel?(reasonable rate). Are the local friendly? Hopefully, to meet a local where I can know more about Chongqing.It would be nice if someone can speak English as my chinese is fairly poor. What are the 'must see n do' there? Days need to cover enough of chongqing(I mean those 'must see' places... hopefully they are not very far apart from each other.)What is the mode of transport when travelling to those places? Any tips and suggestion will be very very very much appreciated.Thanks

Regards
      yeoth

3 Answers Sep 7, 2005 at 9:37 PM