Chongqing Travel Answers

change location
yeoth's Profile Photo

coming to chongqing

by yeoth Online Now Sep 6, 2005 at 10:47 PM

Hi folks, my name is yeoth, a new memeber.I'm planning to come chongqing and need tips and suggestion about this part of china.Though I have been to beijing n shanghai (the modern chinese cities)I'm not sure chongqing is the same (or very different?)September or October is the better month to travel?(or no difference?). What kind of weather to expect? which part of the city should I book my hotel?(reasonable rate). Are the local friendly? Hopefully, to meet a local where I can know more about Chongqing.It would be nice if someone can speak English as my chinese is fairly poor. What are the 'must see n do' there? Days need to cover enough of chongqing(I mean those 'must see' places... hopefully they are not very far apart from each other.)What is the mode of transport when travelling to those places? Any tips and suggestion will be very very very much appreciated.Thanks

Regards
yeoth

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • yeoth's Profile Photo

RE: RE: coming to chongqing

by yeoth Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 1:11 AM

Hi Matz,
    Thank you for the rainy and hot pot info.

Regards
    yeoth

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tremendopunto's Profile Photo

by tremendopunto Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 3:39 AM

Hi Yeoth,

some additional infos about CQ:

CQ actually is a very modern city, the center is full of skyscrapers - they grow like a disease and old quarters dissappear. CiQiKou is still a nice old part.
    For Hotels I would recommend Yuzhong District around JiefangBei - downtown CQ.Close to the harbour for rivercruises. For accomodation tips take a look at my CQ page.
    Or take the cablecar over the ChangJiang to NanAn District to enjoy the nightview of the skyline along the boulevard full of restaurants and bars along the riverbank. From there you can get up to NanShan to get the best view over CQ.
    But CQ-city lacks historical sights. There is the Luohan Si close to JiefangBei, thats nearly all.
    But you can do day excursions around the city.
    The Dazu Grottoes must be nice-but havent seen them myself yet(quite far away).
    Or take the bus to BeiBei District(one hour) to climb up Lions Peak - nice landscape with bamboo and other forests. In the same place you find hot wells to relax.

Have fun!

• yeoth's Profile Photo

by yeoth Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 9:37 PM

Hello tremendopunto,

Many thanks for your good suggestions, I find it very heplful. Look like I can settle the hotel issue with your tips. I'm looking forward to the trip and really to have fun. Good luck n take care.

regards
    yeoth

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chongqing